Electrolux???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husqvarva name

If I remember correctly the Husqvarna name derives from the city of Huskvarna, where the factory is located. Huskvarna, I believe, means "house, with a mill" which apparently was the first industry in the city, in about the mid to late 1600's. Husqvarna first started making rifles in the late 1680's...1689? I think. Chainsaws were about 1959. Been awhile since I did my Husky homework...

That is absolutely correct Dennis - Huskvarna is the name of the town (the town got its name from the Huskvarna River) where the company began its way to becoming one of the oldest companies in the world in 1689. They began by making gunbarrels in a building called Millhouse, (Hus (Sve) = House, Kvarn (Sve) = Mill). Henceforth the difficult to pronounce name.:)

I am pretty sure the Homelite name was sold to an Asian company and is still owned by them (Electrolux never owned it).

Homelite was sold by Deere Corp. in 2001 to,
TechTronics Industries Co., Ltd. of Hong Kong. :eek:

who owns it

No wonder the rest of the world laughs at the Americans for their notion of brand loyalty. So many companies have changed hands so often in the last few decades it's hard to tell the players without score cards. Think world markets and world players. You take the saw that is made from parts made all over the world and put a name on it. These companies buy names to give the appearance of competition where there is little if any left.
The box it came in says made in mexico, the box came from mexico, the handle has a lable that says made in tiawan, is the lable or the handle made in tiawan? No marking on the spur and bar but you can tell it is made by Blount, the instructions are printed in some other country and the power head is made in yet another country only to be assembled in yet another country. The ignition was made in one of the aforesaid countries and the carb made elsewhere. Brand loyalty? Better yet does it do the job and do it well? Would you buy it again if you could, but the company was sold before it wore out. Times have changed are the saws better, safer and more reliable?

:confused: One of the reasons, among many, why I do not care for husky saws is they are owned and made by who knows where and this saw brand has interchangeable parts with this saw brand, and small huskys are actually poulan, (so I have heard) and oregon makes their chains, it just seems to me that husky is not a husky saw it is a heinz 57 of God knows what. Now I could be wrong but does Stihl still make their own saw or are they actually made by a different company with stihl put on them? And is stihl owned by a group of investors or are they considered a privatly owned company? I just wanted to get some info on stihl because I have limited experience on them and husky, before I always used homelites untill they went to crap and would appreciate any knowledge on the subject.
Thanks
ANDY:blob2:

Hey!!
This is my MVP thread!!
I am now one with the Gods of this forum, do not let this digress
into a Stihl/Electrolux fight.

:( Sorry Fish I do not want to start a fight, because we have all been though this before. I was just simply stating an opinion and wanting some info on Stihl, so to relieve your thread I started my own thread.

Sorry
Andy :p

Relieve my thread? Sounds interesting. I am joking, as
usual, I just hate using smilies to tell people if I am joking
or not, I just let them guess.
Worrying, or judging a saw brand by the fact that parts
were made by another company is silly, as all of them buy
carbs from 3 different companies, piston and cylinders from
another couple, and so on.
I was working on a Husqvarna, putting on an oil pump I
ordered from Poulan, the tag on the saw said "Husqvarna
of Sweden". Below it said "Made in the U.S.A.".
I usually keep out of threads where they bicker over
which is the better brand, because they go nowhere, and
the truth is that either brand has some great saws, and some
junk as well. I have to fix them all.

Bulletproof vest? Everyone here is my buddy. Now that I am
MVP, I won't have to keep walking on eggshells, trying
desperately to not offend anyone. I will be able to express my
self more freely.
Mountain? I've seen bigger Walmarts.
Just kidding, my Stihl brother. I now own 2 029s, and one
real eager beaver!

Latest posts