Fallers .INC

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fallers.INC

• Stihl 084

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Sachs Dolmar 166

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Stihl 088

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Jonsereds 111

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Olympyk 999

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Husqvarna 3120

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
Somebody posted on here quite a while back, quoting one of the west coast builders on the Olympik/Oleo-mak/EMak/Efco 999: not the potential for a racing saw that the big Stihl's have, or even the big Husky. Others say that they are heavy, but very sturdy and trouble-free.

Stihl 066s and 80 to 100 cc Huskys probably prevail around here. (Central Illinois hardwood)

I sold a 981 Efco a few days ago to a guy who had his 046 in another shop for work. He likes the Efco, particiularly at $560.

There are also some 70 cc Huskys and Johnsys being used.

Thats what im saying, if your falling 6 to 8 ft timber all day them big says are the things, but anymore saws like the 66 or the 46 is just about all you need to tote.

Tony,lc420
I here you about the timber Dia.But still a lot of 3.ft White Oak stave butts.Also it is good to have a saw that cuts fast specially in the winter and with leaners. Nothing like packen heat in the woods. So take off your skirts.lol
Why carry a stock 088 when you can have Dunn or Dennis build a 066 that will out cut the stock 088. But I just like the big guns. Seth

Last edited:
i use a ms460 but really want a 66 just for shLts and giggles:D

I use a 385XP and my trusty ole' 064AV very good saw,been thinking bout' a 3120 or 088 though maybe soon:D :D

Later Rob........

get the 088, that way if i come up i can trade you my dad's 021 and my old 026 for it:D because every one knows that two saws are better than one:D

I think I'd have to keep the 088 and mow down the 021 and 026 for a few day's it might have to be a ALL orange trip,well maybe one 046:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Later Rob.....

my tac officer in military school always told us if you weren't cheating, you weren't trying:D

Maybe someone can clue in an uninformed guy like me--what's the question? Not sure what I'm voting for...

Last edited:
Back