Farm Boss

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbercutter007

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
This might be an old topic but how does the Farm Boss run the chain backwards in the commercial (that might be spelled wrong)???

This is besause video is not one continuous moving picture but a series of stills, an effect called "persistance of vision" takes place in our minds to make it look seemless. If the number of frames per second matches the frequency of a certain movement, the object appears still, faster of slower produces a strobe effect which can make an object appear to be moving in reverse of its actual direction. Doug Babcock surely knows more than me about this but I think my description is fairly accurate.

Theres My answer that why the Farm Boss is such a POS ! because the chain Runs Backwards! :D

It's a radical new feature! Get a little over-eager trimming those bushes and end up felling everything in sight? How about a client who says he liked those nine trees before they were cut down? Well, the new Stihl 029 is for you. Exclusive "reverse" gear (100% lead and plastic) will put those trees right back up! Down in 30 seconds, up in 45. Stihl is currently working on an enhanced "Magnum" version to be fitted to 090s. Dramatic reforestation of South American hardwoods is expected within the year!

lmfao. Like running the projector backwards on the old 8mm blue movies and seeing the guy clean up after himself.

031 and 020AV had a few ignition modules that would backfire and run backwards if the motor was loaded too much. Baffled a few cutters. One tried to put the chain on the other way, but it would not start up backwards.

Man that would be sweet! 4 foward , nuetral and reverse! Get that puppy reved to 14K in 2nd or 3rd HOLD ON!

Back