Farmi vs Wallenstein?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abohac

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I don't want to beat a dead horse by asking the same question but I don't want to make a mistake either. Does anyone have a Wallenstein log winch? I just discovered this thing by looking in the Farm Trader and saw their ad. In comparison, the Wallenstein is heavier (170 pds.), cheaper by about $250 with a pull of around a 1000 pds. more and it is made in Canada. I guess this seems like a no brain type of deal but I'm trying to do my do diligence. Anyone got any comments?

i bought it in 2000 and used it a lot in the first couple years, i just don't have the time anymore to get out to the bush as much as i'd like

What size is yours? Want to sell it? I can't find a used one to save my rear. I was looking for one for a 60 hp tractor (about 11000 pd pull).

Wait a second, there was a thread on here somewhere where someone was talking about a winch with a blade that hinges so it can't hang up on anything to get you stuck. I don't remember the brand but it seems like a good feature (something you could design into a winch if you end up making one.) If I find it I'll post the brand. But, if someone already mentioned it here I wouldn't know because I forgot what the darn thing was called.

Wait a second, there was a thread on here somewhere where someone was talking about a winch with a blade that hinges so it can't hang up on anything to get you stuck. I don't remember the brand but it seems like a good feature (something you could design into a winch if you end up making one.) If I find it I'll post the brand. But, if someone already mentioned it here I wouldn't know because I forgot what the darn thing was called.

If you find it let me know.

I have no idea where it is or where I saw it- but I know it was here. And, for some reason my computer won't let me use the search function. Somebody had posted pics of their farmi winch in operation and someone else commented on a different brand that had the hinging blade. I'll keep looking.

Labonville sells the hinged winch---It looks like it should outperform the others with that hinged plate.......

check out the video on the site.I was sold on a Farmi but now I have second thoughts.The hinge plate would come in handy on parts of my property.

Latest posts

Back