Felling wedges?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I am after is the length's most of you guy and gals carry in the woods. Learning about falling with wedges has hard no real good videos on how select on use wedges for felling.

You just don't get it. One thing about it though, you might set some kind of record for number of times banned. That's not a compliment.

What is your beef with me I am new around here and already am being treated like every ones whooping post. What is the reason this site is so full of spitefull and internet trash talkers?

What size wedge's are the most useful to own?

What I am after is the length's most of you guy and gals carry in the woods. Learning about falling with wedges has hard no real good videos on how select on use wedges for felling.

Huhn no comprende your post seno'r?

What is your beef with me I am new around here and already am being treated like every ones whooping post. What is the reason this site is so full of spitefull and internet trash talkers?

Skoty,

I was on to you after your third post under your new ID and immediately contacted the moderators. I think that you may have set the record for quickest reappearance by a banned member. I have suggested to the mods that they simply block your IP address from logging on, thus eliminating a recurrence.

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, the people here are of greater than average intelligence. Since you never change the nature or tone of your posts you stick out like an Angus cow in a snowstorm.

Please stop trying to convince people that you are someone other than yourself, you are so unique it simply is not believable. Imagine what you could accomplish if you channeled all the time and energy you waste on this site into something meaningful.

wedgy

I carry two lengths of wedges 7" and 10" and it really depends on what size tree your felling, a 12" wedge in a 8" tree is a little overkill, wedges are mostly used to prevent the tree from leaning back on the bar or for giving a considerable push in the desired direction, I sometimes use them while bucking to stop a pinch when I can't or don't want to roll the log.

Hello, Scotty! Hit me in the stomach, will you?

[video=youtube;fJSNL6Ms2uM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJSNL6Ms2uM[/video]

Derail......

Mike, did you get your RS2 yet? Cody was kind enough to stop in and help me set mine up a little better. Works really nice. Between it and my cheapo gullet remover, I should have a lot more time for drinking beer. Actually, I can drink beer and grind all at once. Money well spent.

-Sam:msp_smile:

I have one of them. I'm waiting on the second one to get there now. I set it up with a chain I ground on the swing arm. I still like the swing arm for the speed of grinding. I'll get the second one set up in a few weeks. Picked up a 3120 here recently I'm going to play with some.:msp_sneaky: My phone lost your number when it crashed a few weeks ago.

I have one of them. I'm waiting on the second one to get there now. I set it up with a chain I ground on the swing arm. I still like the swing arm for the speed of grinding. I'll get the second one set up in a few weeks. Picked up a 3120 here recently I'm going to play with some.:msp_sneaky: My phone lost your number when it crashed a few weeks ago.

The 3120 should be fun. I was at the shop today checking theirs out. Custom built 2-peice head, piped, the works.....it's fast.

Never used a swing arm, what's the advantage in speed? I'm green to this grinding deal, but so far I really like it. Pretty tough hand chisel filing on your tail gate when you're tired and wet and the sun is going down in a hurry, lol. The grinder will be coming with me to the motel this week.

Well if you grind faster you can drink more beer and watch more tv. It was nice when I had a dull 41" full comp and a 28" and 32" to sharpen from cutting. I ground a lot of chains for people for gtgs and such so the faster I could do it the better. Here lately I've been using 24" bars a lot so quite a bit less sharpening. I'm going to run a 36" stihl light bar on the 3120. I hope I can get enough power out of it to use it instead of the 066 to buck the big oaks and cherries I need to work up next month.

Back