Felling wedges?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess what I meant to say is how is the swing arm faster than the RS2 setup? I have a lot to learn about this grinding deal.

It's faster in how fast you can swing the arm out and get to the next cutter. I was getting 3 28" chains per beer. :D The razor sharp is 2 chains per beer so far. The swing arm has one chain holder vs 2 of the razor. Getting it setup where both sides are identical is the thing. Once you get the holders even then grinding them is quicker.

Last edited:
It's faster in how fast you can swing the arm out and get to the next cutter. I was getting 3 28" chains per beer. :D The razor sharp is 2 chains per beer so far. The swing arm has one chain holder vs 2 of the razor. Getting it setup where both sides are identical is the thing. Once you get the holders even then grinding them is quicker.

Aha...chains per beer, now that I can understand. I can already see myself wanting another grinder............By the way, has anyone seen old HBRN......his input might be valuable in this matter......

I'm always on the lookout for square grinders reasonably priced. There's always someone wanting one out here. I guess since I got used to the swing arm first the rest will be different at first.

Aha...chains per beer, now that I can understand. I can already see myself wanting another grinder............By the way, has anyone seen old HBRN......his input might be valuable in this matter......

:bang: Oh great, get him all wound up again. Thanks a bunch. :laugh:

Glad you got your saw fixed...now get back out there.

Back