Fiction cord options for SRT

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babaoriley

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been having some tough time to ascend with notch flow rope wrench and notch fusion tether (just switch to SRT, still do DRT depends on the tree and what it needs.) I have notch foot ascender and saka knee ascender and I just ordered teufelberger upMotion SRT chest harness. Just wonder if I need certain fiction cords to ascend easier? I can either use distel or 4-3 VT fiction hitch. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You might consider trying Beeline 8mm. It is extremely heat resistant, and can be purchased in various lengths of spliced-ready-to-use eye-to-eye cords.

It's a very tough rope, I make my own E2E cords, though. I use mine with the VT friction hitch all the time on 10mm DRT, so you are good to go with that. It'll really bind down on 1/2" rope, but it is a bit loose on the 10mm rope. I'd suggest limiting Beeline 8mm on SRT to 1/2" climbing line rope, unless your rope wrench really holds the bulk of the weight.

Watching me try to climb SRT is kind of comical; I gave it up until I get a few more toys to help do it the right way.

Back