Finally bought some Safety Chaps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are called accidents, if you did it on purpose it would be a "purposedent"

As many, I understand the odds and bought chaps before I "won the reverse lottery" with all expense ER visit prize.

Yeah, I've heard an ER visit provided by an ambulance ride isn't cheap.
I bought a pair of full-wrap chaps shortly after I started getting into firewood cutting.
And, as others have mentioned, if I'm going to cut with a chainsaw, my chaps will be on. One cut, 200 cuts, it doesn't matter.

I think I finally talked my older brother into getting a pair of chaps. I'm amazed at how long it took to convince him. Especially since he had an accident with a hand-held circular saw some years ago. (Lucky he didn't loose any digits.)

I cut for years without them. One day i found 2 like new sets of husky chaps on a local classified four $20 each. I then did some tool fabricating for our local helicopter fire Crews and among a stack of nice but used bars 2 sets of chaps were included in the trade.
Point of the story I guess is everyone I cut with now has chaps.

Updated footwear........ These were best fitting boots i have tried so far. Time will tell how they last.

View attachment 592503 View attachment 592504 View attachment 592505
RV
Rain drops keep fallin' in my boots...
Rain drops keep fallin' in my boots
Da da da ...DU... DAD DU..DAD DU .. DU.. DU. .:innocent:

Nice boots not quite a coast boot though.
Even if you could put a caulked sole on.
Guys either love Mendhl logger boots or hate them. Many describe them as ski boots. They need to be at one with the fast changing contours.

The chaps save my arse. Chain was slowing down and just brushed up against the chaps and made a nice little tear and pulled some cord out. Best money ever spent!!! I'll be getting a new pair for next year.

Also my safety helmet, ear muffs and face guard has also made a big difference. Before the Chaps incident a small something flew up and smacked me in the mouth because the visor was only 1/2 way down. But I do recall lots of other stuff hitting the face guard thru out this season and thinking what a wonder piece of safety equipment.

Back