flywheel wood splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hard wood

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm looking for a flywheel wood splitter . When I was in Canada in March I seen a fire wood splitter with a large fly wheel system it was gear driven instead of hydralic . I'm looking for one with or with out engine . How much does a new one go for . Is there a web site I can look at new ones or are they even still built . I hope some one can help me with this thanks <<<<<<<Mark

Apparently they don't have a website, but I found this much- The Super Split address, phone and E-Mail is:

GFX Corporation
608 Spring Street
East Bridgewater
MA 02333

Tel: 508-378-7100, FAX: 508-378-7122
email: [email protected]

A friend of mine has one and loves it.

Here is an old extension brochure on how to build a true flywheel splitter. I think it would lack current OSHA approval however.

Bob

splitter.jpg

I've used a flywheel splitter before, they are really fast. The prices the above link asks seem pretty high though. Any other sources?

I never realized how those worked, looks mighty dangerous! Guess no more than a chipper. One of my old bosses lost a finger splitting wood, wonder if it was that kind of splitter.
Anybody seen those old splitters that had like a cork screw that grabbed the wood and pulled it towards the wedge? I think they ran them off old cars and tractors too.

We sell Super Split Logspliters. They are awesome to watch. They come in either an electric or gas version. Our customers love them, they will split just about anything. The boss encourages people who want to try them to bring in the nastiest, knotiest peice of wood they can find and it always pops it right in half. The customers jaw hits the floor and we get a chuckle.
Josh

Methoss084

Where in NH is the store? I have one of these splitters and was thinking of buying a bigger one.

Latest posts

Back