For those of you Unfamiliar with the Husqvarna Trio Brake:

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkippyKtm

The Lorax, my FIL rip...
Reaction score
<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p-V-v4o-6lQ"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p-V-v4o-6lQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Looks like a good Idea to me. The only thing I didn't like is that It wont let you limb above shoulder height. Of course you're not supposed to do that for safety reasons anyhow. I noticed that the guys technique is very good as well (to me anyway;)) so I picked up a few useful habits from watching him.

I seen one on a 346xp today wondered what the the heck it was. Looks more like a pain to operate then worth to me.

The vid is a whole load of fairy-land propaganda and bullsh!t, far removed from reality and real-world conditions and work practices. the background music is syrupy sweet nonsense and the whole thing reeks of political correctness and a hand-wringing, pursed-lipped agenda created by strange creepy wowsers and officious woofters hell bent on trying to justify their own annoying authoritive self-importance :chatter:

Looks like a PITA to me.
Of course that's what I said when I bought my first saw that had a chain brake at all. We used to disassemble the brake as soon as we got a saw. Now I leave them intact because the Forest Service, State Forestry, and insurance requires them. I'm sure that before long we will be graced with something like this on all saw's, and they'll want them to work too. :jawdrop:
We'll probably have to have a yearly safety inspection, and emission tests on our saws when that happens.

Andy

I think the video was very well done. Not interested in what they're selling, but the video was decent.

I can't help but think of all of the chainbrakes that were discarded when they first came out. Now what would a "collector" pay for a good Homelite 750 chainbrake, or a MAC 125 one? Same with cars. Nobody would order a big-block car with air conditionong, but now that is what everyone wants. I doube anyone will be fightng over these right-hand brakes in the near future, but you never know what will happen down the road.

Excellent video. I dont think id be interested in the trio brake though. I even leaned a few things by watching it. Hes got good skill. (compared to me) Liked watching him limb that tree at the end.

I think the video was very well done. Not interested in what they're selling, but the video was decent.

I can't help but think of all of the chainbrakes that were discarded when they first came out. Now what would a "collector" pay for a good Homelite 750 chainbrake, or a MAC 125 one? Same with cars. Nobody would order a big-block car with air conditionong, but now that is what everyone wants. I doube anyone will be fightng over these right-hand brakes in the near future, but you never know what will happen down the road.

:agree2: Well said.

Cynicism is a direct result of ones own inadequacies. Down something for no other reason than to down it.:popcorn:

I guess, while its a neat idea, I am not that interested... but I can see it being useful for some people... I think it is something that poulin should be installing on their saws ;)....

The guy doing the demo, he is down rite graceful... It was impresive watching him limb that tree...

OK, I an FAR from being a pro, but that looks like something I am not interested in. I understand that saws are inherently dangerous. I recognize when I am using saws in less than optimal positions. I make sure that I am especially careful when using saws in those positions. This saw completely prevents you from using it in less than optimal positions. Some of the wood I cut just wouldn't get cut with this saw.

I am all for chain brakes. All the saws that I use have functional chain brakes. This looks like a safety device for someone who has never used a saw before.

One question I have is, when bucking a log, do people really set the chain brake after every cut? That looks like a sure way not to get much work done.

Personally, I rarely, if ever, set my chain brake on purpose. Maybe that isn't the right way to use a saw? If the saw is going to idle for an extended period of time, I usually just shut it off.

I have been using a friends OE346xpg with trio break and it is not in the way as much as thought it would be, the biggest problem with the trio break that i see (in practical use) is when climbing and having the saw in a lanyard !!
and the break seems to hold up well, i never heard of a breakdown even though many pros over here use it :)
I'm considering to buy one with trio break for myself, but gonna have to test my friends saw some more to be sure ,,,,,,,,

Latest posts

Back