Freightliner bucket truck air brakes.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vescotree79

Reaction score
I've recently lost some trust in my boss/owner of the tree company I work for so here I am calling upon your experience and input.
1:When I push on the service brake I can hear a loud thud coming from the front left wheel. The other day someone pulled out in front and I had to hit the brakes hard and I heard the sound and the truck lundged forward and a touch to the left. Being a new cdl driver my air brake test is fresh in my head...."will now perform my service brake test. I will accelerate to 5 mph apply the server brake. It should not veer left ,right, or lunge forward and come to a smooth and safe stop."
2: also during an airbrake test when bleeding off the air to test for low air light and emergency brake activation, " parking brake should apply by 20 psi", at 20 psi a slight pfft happens and airbrake applies. In training their trucks' park8ng brake applied at around 35- 40 and popped out so hard I thought it was gonna pop out the dash.
I told the owner and he took it to his mechanic who said everything was ok.
I hav8ng a hard time trusting ok when driving a 33k lb truck with an 18k lb excavator and trailer.

Latest posts

Back