Fuel line brands

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is double the price of the echo fuel line. You have to be careful what you are buying these days, without a name brand on it you may get a good batch and then the next batch is garbage. I have had very good luck with the echo black line and most of my customers run cheap ethanol fuel.
https://lawnreplacementparts.com/pr...line-25-foot-roll-3mm-x-5mm-for-small-engines
When it comes to somethings, saving money is never ideal, I like clear lines so I can see what is going on, and this is suppose to be some of the best line on the market so paying double isn’t so bad in my opinion

The link you provided has no metric sizes and that is what the OP needs. I think it is overpriced imho. Tygon is good for nitro RC stuff. I have saws I work on that are 15+ years old using echo oem fuel line. Rotary fuel line appears to be identical and have held up better than any tygon or tygon knockoff line, I'm lucky to get 2-3 year's with the good tygon line.

The link you provided has no metric sizes and that is what the OP needs. I think it is overpriced imho. Tygon is good for nitro RC stuff.
The link you provided has no metric sizes and that is what the OP needs. I think it is overpriced imho. Tygon is good for nitro RC stuff.
I don’t know it’s what I bought, medium size works, the smallest size they sell fits echo products

Cordless is already great for smaller saws. Some day, they may get it to work with big saws and real leaf blowers. That will be fantastic. I bought the biggest cordless leaf blower I could find, and while it's useful, it can't begin to do what my big Echo does.

Check this out. That mower was brand new a few people took it on a short demo ride that day. It was a prototype but....

It is just a small version of a tesla. Both self-ignite and burn bright! Gimme a 40 yr old MB Diesel and a 0 series Stihl anytime. Points and condensor baby! Seldom fail, and if they do, easy to fix. No battrees included. None needed. If ya wanna throw in a pickup, make it a 96 Dogde/Cummins

It is just a small version of a tesla. Both self-ignite and burn bright! Gimme a 40 yr old MB Diesel and a 0 series Stihl anytime. Points and condensor baby! Seldom fail, and if they do, easy to fix. No battrees included. None needed. If ya wanna throw in a pickup, make it a 96 Dogde/Cummins
Father in law had an 04 2500HD Dodge with the cummins and he got over a million miles out of it. He has an 2007 3500hd now and it is over 500k and running strong, great powertrains.

If it's on Amazon. chances are it's junk anyway (fuel line) and like stated, stay away from anything branded Tygon.
Actually, if it says tygon (lower case) and you can't see any white lettering on the line in photos then it's knockoff stuff. Genuine Tygon is imprinted with the numbers of the line and Saint-Gobain, the manufacturer. That line is still the best I've used for 2T equipment. I order mine directly from USPlastic and if you go to that site it'll be obvious it's the real deal.

The link you provided has no metric sizes and that is what the OP needs. I think it is overpriced imho. Tygon is good for nitro RC stuff. I have saws I work on that are 15+ years old using echo oem fuel line. Rotary fuel line appears to be identical and have held up better than any tygon or tygon knockoff line, I'm lucky to get 2-3 year's with the good tygon line.
Silicon fuel line for nitro. The methonal and nitromethane eats tygon fairly quickly.

I went through this crap a couple years ago..I hate tygon.. I got frustrated and ordered a ton of different sizes and brands of line. I found the stens tru blue clear hose to be the best choice for a clear hose, it is not stretchy like tygon but it can handle 100% ethanol and remains pliable after years of use. I ordered both sizes of the rotary made echo black fuel hose and the stihl fuel hose.
My hate of tygon has resulted in me drilling out gas tank holes to fit the non tygon line in equipment making the id of the line important not the od. Once I started this practice the yearly fuel hose replacement in spring all but stopped stopped by year 3. I still get one or two a year for bad lines but it is because they have the original hoses still.

In my experience old machines were designed for a basic fuel line which was just a smooth rubber tube. For these I never really found any brand was worse or better than the other. Plus I always bought too much so if there was ever an issue I would have the right spare. The key is that they have the same inside and outside dimensions to fit the carb, enter into the fuel tank and fit the fuel filter.

But most newer fuel lines need to be more exact - in an S shape with a grommet in the middle to seal into the fuel tank etc. For these I just buy OEM.

I went through this crap a couple years ago..I hate tygon.. I got frustrated and ordered a ton of different sizes and brands of line. I found the stens tru blue clear hose to be the best choice for a clear hose, it is not stretchy like tygon but it can handle 100% ethanol and remains pliable after years of use. I ordered both sizes of the rotary made echo black fuel hose and the stihl fuel hose.
My hate of tygon has resulted in me drilling out gas tank holes to fit the non tygon line in equipment making the id of the line important not the od. Once I started this practice the yearly fuel hose replacement in spring all but stopped stopped by year 3. I still get one or two a year for bad lines but it is because they have the original hoses still.
Used to get bulk line from stihl but have since switched to the Echo branded line. I basically don't use tygon anymore.

To the people complaining about and indicating they quit using Tygon:

Tygon is NOT a generic type of fuel line. Tygon is a registered brand name for a specific type of fuel line manufactured by Saint-Gobain. The company doesn't go after trademark infringements, but I bet they could retire on the money they recouped in lawsuits if they did. Just because it's yellow does NOT mean it's genuine Tygon!!!

Actually, if it says tygon (lower case) and you can't see any white lettering on the line in photos then it's knockoff stuff. Genuine Tygon is imprinted with the numbers of the line and Saint-Gobain, the manufacturer. That line is still the best I've used for 2T equipment. I order mine directly from USPlastic and if you go to that site it'll be obvious it's the real deal.

The stuff labeled tygon and sold by DuBro (referenced in a previous comment in this thread) is probably also knockoff crap. If it was made by Saint-Gobain it would have the manufacturer's name on the spool. The biggest giveaway is the price - the real stuff would never go for that cheap. If the seller actually had the genuine article they would most certainly post the I.D. number and the manufacturer's name.

Best tygon is 4040. All those new epa ones they made are pos.

Anyone talking up tygon lines hasnt used good stuff.

To me tygon 4040 is like beginners line when your learning how to do it.

This is their epa BS POS line they tried after 4040 for EPA ethanol resistant.. I have a long thread with all the fails of tygon lines they tried for o p e.

Yes you can see it is OEM tygon line too right there on line.

plinee.jpgpfuelline110012001500.JPG
pline.JPG

Tygon is NOT a generic type of fuel line. Tygon is a registered brand name for a specific type of fuel line manufactured by Saint-Gobain. The company doesn't go after trademark infringements, but I bet they could retire on the money they recouped in lawsuits if they did. Just because it's yellow does NOT mean it's genuine Tygon!!!

The stuff labeled tygon and sold by DuBro (referenced in a previous comment in this thread) is probably also knockoff crap. If it was made by Saint-Gobain it would have the manufacturer's name on the spool. The biggest giveaway is the price - the real stuff would never go for that cheap. If the seller actually had the genuine article they would most certainly post the I.D. number and the manufacturer's name.
You think I’m an idiot, I’m not, here are some pictures to prove you wrong, I like made in the USA equipment buts it’s hard to find

Attachments

• IMG_9251.jpeg
    IMG_9251.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9252.jpeg
    IMG_9252.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0

Attachments

• IMG_9250.jpeg
    IMG_9250.jpeg
    1,019.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9250.jpeg
    IMG_9250.jpeg
    1,019.5 KB · Views: 0

you don't seem to understand that not everyone buys the cheapest garbage off of evilbay and expects the same results as a name brand.
Tygon just isn't a good deal and there are better products for less money. The stihl bulk line was great stuff and far outlasted any tygon line. since I can't get it anymore, the Echo branded line had been a suitable replacment. Even in ethonal laced fuel it goes many years with zero detectable degradation and doesn't get hard as a rock or turn into goo like tygon does.

Yes we know tygon is a name brand, the stuff does not last and causes a slew of running issues once aged and exposed to fuel causing hardening, cracking and inflexibility. Every single piece of equipment with tygon hoses leak fuel at the carb fuel barbs, the stuff is junk.

Back