Funny Garage Sale Story

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatboymoe

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
On friday, my wife usually looks through the newspaper and goes out to the local garage sales. This last Friday, I was headed to the rifle range for some load developement on a couple of new rifles and she was off to the garage sales.

When I got home and unloaded all my stuff, she came out and told me she had bought me something from a sale and it was in the trunk of her car. She opened the trunk and there was a like new Stihl chainsaw case. Excited, I rushed over to see what my bride had bought for me. I picked up the case and it was empty ! She had bought the case for $5. I asked if there was anything that was in the case and she told me "Yeah, there was a chainsaw in it. I think it was a Stihl " . I asked how much they wanted for the saw and she told me $25. And yes, she is a blonde.

When I asked why she didn't buy the saw also, she told me " it was dirty and nasty, not like your saws". I then politely asked if she would go back to the sale and buy the saw if were still there and off she went. She came back an hour later with a very nice 026 with very little time on it. After a few hours of clean up, this is what it was. WOW! I would gues less than 10hrs on it. Everything was in great shape but the chain was toast. Even the fuel tank was empty, which is a very good thing with the crappy gas here in California.

Saturday night I took my wife out for a Lobster dinner. One good deed deserves another.View attachment 201316View attachment 201317View attachment 201318View attachment 201319

If my wife had come home with a prize like that, I'd promise to leave the seat down on the toilet for at least a year. Amazing.

Keep doing a good job ringing her bell and she will be out every weekend buying you chainsaws! It's a tough job but I know you can do it.

i did the same thing to wiggs when i went ot get teh 260 pro i bought from him,,,, i had bought a stihl case at a yard sale and it wouldn't fit anything i had so i took it to him,,we was out at teh truck talking when i pulled it out,, i made it out like it was kind of heavy,, i carried it into his shop and set it down on his bench and made it sound like there was a saw in it,, i told him he can have it that i couldn't do anything with it,, his eyes lit up until he opened the case,,,of course he had a disappointed look on his face,, well i told him i couldn't do anything with it,, well the case of course

What I would like to know is~does your wife have a sister? Younger or older makes no difference here.A fine woman like that is avery good find.Post her picture!! Ken

Great story, especially the part about her buying the empty case first, just to play with you.

I noticed in one of the pictures it says made in the USA, are these actually made in the USA now?

Latest posts

Back