Gas supply naivete?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to go to the local airport and get 100LL when I was cutting on the regular, but a bucees has opened up here in the last few years and they have several pumps dedicated to zero ethanol. I used to have to pick a tail number off a private airplane to punch into the airport pump. Couldn't buy it unless a tail number was punched in. Of course I swiped my CC at the pump. My purchases probably showed up on some fellas airplane records. Haha

Years ago we used to be able to drive up to the pumps and fill up our cars. Old ones from the 60s and early 70s running 11:1-12:1 compression ratios. Crazy days back then, they'd even let us do runs down the runway if it was clear of flights. I still have my 68 Camaro in the barn

That airport is all fenced off now, but another one nearby has a self service pump you can drive up to and swipe a CC. It's ~$6/gal right now.

Her is the secret-mix up only what you can use in 90 days.
i don;t care Ethanol or non. Find just as much water in saws with either one.
Fill it up with caned fuel before storage? Might work.
Beware of Tru fuel. Known issues

Her is the secret-mix up only what you can use in 90 days.
i don;t care Ethanol or non. Find just as much water in saws with either one.
Fill it up with caned fuel before storage? Might work.
Beware of Tru fuel. Known issues
Trufuel had a bad batch last year that was rather quickly taken care of. if anyone that sold it bothered to read the email from their distributor they would have seen affected lots and gotten it replaced at no cost. Other then that there's been no more or less issues with another canned fuel. Most of which come from the same limited producers anyway.

Trufuel had a bad batch last year that was rather quickly taken care of. if anyone that sold it bothered to read the email from their distributor they would have seen affected lots and gotten it replaced at no cost. Other then that there's been no more or less issues with another canned fuel. Most of which come from the same limited producers anyway.
I’m just curious - is that the story? I’ve used Trufuel occasionally and never had a problem but I’ve always been leery because of its reputation.

You tube "mechanics" that don't have a clue proliferate the "tru fuel is bad fuel" story. 99% of them don't sell it. My uncle sells skids of tru fuel a year at his shop. Only once in the 15-20 years has he ever had an issue with it, and it was basically recalled before he started selling it. I'd wager more people have issues from buying old stock or not using it once it's open from the wives tales of it lasting forever, which it does not. Just longer then pump gas.

You tube "mechanics" that don't have a clue proliferate the "tru fuel is bad fuel" story. 99% of them don't sell it. My uncle sells skids of tru fuel a year at his shop. Only once in the 15-20 years has he ever had an issue with it, and it was basically recalled before he started selling it. I'd wager more people have issues from buying old stock or not using it once it's open from the wives tales of it lasting forever, which it does not. Just longer then pump gas.
Thanks, I’ll probably buy it more often. Frankly I’ve used Trufuel a lot when I knew other people were going to be getting gas from my Dolmar. VP still remains my #1 pick.

Latest posts

Back