got bored today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

o8f150

Tree Freak
Reaction score
after I got this saw all I did was open up the baffle in the muffler by about 50%,, I figured what the heck,,, I went ahead and took it completely out,,, the exhaust port is now 90-100% of the cylinder exhaust without adding a new deflector,,, it still looks factory,, I did have to richen it up an tad,, I always ran a 36" b/c so why not try a 24",,,, I was pulling pretty hard in the cuts and to me it held rpms very well,,, when I show the chip line at the end,, the line ends about 20 feet from the log,,, I would say this saw is pretty happy and so am I,,, dang it,,, need to click on link to see vid,,, it didn't enbed like I wanted it to

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/k7E4GmBEbus" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Must be hungry making so many cookies! :D Seriously, looks, sounds, & runs great! What type of chain are you runing on it?

Wow, is everything stihl green there or what? All the leaves have been on the ground here for a month. What kind of wood is that with the big bark and tiny heartwood? Does that saw have a limited coil, or does it just "four stroke" that much? Now that you're happy with the solo, are you on the prowl for a little one to upgrade the earthquakes?

Wow, is everything stihl green there or what? All the leaves have been on the ground here for a month. What kind of wood is that with the big bark and tiny heartwood? Does that saw have a limited coil, or does it just "four stroke" that much? Now that you're happy with the solo, are you on the prowl for a little one to upgrade the earthquakes?
this is under a tree where the frost hadn't gotten to the grass yet,,, all the grass is already brown,,, leaves are about 1/2 down already,,,,, its unlimited coil,,, I run my saws a little on the fat side, I prefer it that way,,,as long as it cleans up pretty good in the cut I am happy,,,,, I replaced the earthquakes with a ms170 and cs352 but wouldn't mind having a couple of more

Looking good Scott. hey aren't you getting a bit old for those big saws? Just send her up north, Ill give her a good life.

Cs352? Echo? Efco? Solo?
echo,,, got it at a pawn shop with another saw,,, sold the other saw and kept this one,,, it had maybe half tank run through it,, total investment for the 352 was 80 bucks,, not bad for a 259.00 saw,, I could sell it right now for 175 but I am going to keep it

after I got this saw all I did was open up the baffle in the muffler by about 50%,, I figured what the heck,,, I went ahead and took it completely out,,, the exhaust port is now 90-100% of the cylinder exhaust without adding a new deflector,,, it still looks factory,, I did have to richen it up an tad,, I always ran a 36" b/c so why not try a 24",,,, I was pulling pretty hard in the cuts and to me it held rpms very well,,, when I show the chip line at the end,, the line ends about 20 feet from the log,,, I would say this saw is pretty happy and so am I,,, dang it,,, need to click on link to see vid,,, it didn't enbed like I wanted it to

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/k7E4GmBEbus" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
polish frisbee's anyone

echo,,, got it at a pawn shop with another saw,,, sold the other saw and kept this one,,, it had maybe half tank run through it,, total investment for the 352 was 80 bucks,, not bad for a 259.00 saw,, I could sell it right now for 175 but I am going to keep it

In the 40cc small bar mount, rear handle, "pro saw" category, I'm really liking the SOLO 643IP 14". They're only $303 on the net right now. I think it would make a fine compliment to the SOLO. Of course, I don't really know if the echo has any potential. Maybe a video of that one?

Back