Greetings from Southwestern Virginia!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodtroll

Reaction score
Greetings, folks,

I've run across this board from time to time doing various information searches, and thought I'd go ahead and join, although I'm not much of a conversationalist. I'm a recently retired fire captain and paramedic, with a degree in forestry and wildlife management from about a hundred years ago ;), with quite a bit of wildland fire experience including some western tours in my younger days. Now I'm just maintaining the family farm and woodland, cutting firewood for a couple of homes, and doing some sporadic logging. Now that I have some time I'm hoping to take better care of the trees on my immediate place, too. The saw and equipment information is what usually brought me here, but now I'm hoping to learn something more about pruning and caring for specific trees, besides just cutting them down!

Thanks for allowing me to join. Y'all take care!

Welcome to AS. Drove through your neck of the woods yesterday....young fella at hardees said they couldn't serve lemonade or tea due to the "boil ban". Care for the hardwoods but cut all the ailanthus down you can pease.

Thank you. Yes, Helene left us some damage that I'm still working on, but nothing like those poor folks just a little southwest of us suffered.

And I agree about the evil noxious ailanthus! Although I was just thinking the other day I don't see them nearly as often as I did say, 10 years ago. Hopefully it's because most folks hate them here and don't give them a foothold.

Back