Harbor freight felling wedges sale

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the delay, gents.
Stopped in at the Brookfield HF on my way back from Danbury earlier this morning.
After wandering around a bit without finding anything, asked a floor guy where they keep 'em. Well, he couldn't find anything either so off he trots to the managers corner. Comes back a few minutes later and says "We don't carry them anymore. Sorry."
Splitting wedges is as close as you get in the Brookfield store today. Sorry guys.

Sorry for the delay, gents.
Stopped in at the Brookfield HF on my way back from Danbury earlier this morning.
After wandering around a bit without finding anything, asked a floor guy where they keep 'em. Well, he couldn't find anything either so off he trots to the managers corner. Comes back a few minutes later and says "We don't carry them anymore. Sorry."
Splitting wedges is as close as you get in the Brookfield store today. Sorry guys.
Another reason why I make my own wedges. Also, HF is notorious for being sold out of anything that looks like a bargain. I usually call them before I head for the store.

Hear ya. Honestly, HF isn't my first choice or second or third, for anything. I'm still young enough that whatever tool I need to buy there's a darn good chance I'll need to use it again, lol.
Went in there last week for the second time since they opened just pretty much out of boredom, there's nothing in there that I can't live without regardless of how much of a "deal" it is.

Mel, there is a Lumber/Hardware store in Hancock up near my property, and they have a great motto: "If we don't have it, you don't need it" I cracked up when I saw it.

Hey, I got a generator from HF that runs just great, and way cheaper than any place else.

I kinda figured you wouldn't find them. I guess we can all hope they get them again someday.

Everything HF sells is cheap, knockoff junk. But, I have bought numerous things from them on the premise that I may only need it once, or once in a while. If it gets the job done then fine. If not, I'm not out a tremendous amount of money. I'm not going to stock my toolbox with HF tools, but some of their stuff is worth the price under the right circumstances.

Ever notice that none of the HF Torx wrench sets include a T-27? For that matter, practically no other set from any other store does either. T-25 yes, T-30 yes, T-27 no. I guess they figure that nobody uses Stihl equipment.

I bought a $10 thing on display from HD that has T-27 and an extendable ratchet handle. My neighbor wants one too, but I have not seen them again. Works great (has the carb socket also).

I also bought a set of box/open end wrenches (Pittsburgh) from HF and they have held up fine so far, as has their 25' tape measure. It is not all junk, but it pays to check the reviews.

Latest posts

Back