Heavy Husqy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. .....

The funny thing about the 400 series as explained to me at GKS is that they are the same as the old 340, 345, and 350 with the exception that they have cat mufflers and are more EPA friendly.

That's positively wrong, they are totally new designs. The 400 series are plastic cased clamshell homeowner saws though, and some of them did replace the 340, 345 and 350 - but they have added some larger and some smaller ones to the lineup as well. They do not have cat mufflers, but they are "strato" saws.

The only saw in the 5XX series that weighs as much as an Ms460 is the 576, everything else is over a pound lighter.

576 is actually quite a bit heavier then a 460. I usually run a 576 but yesterday ran a built to the tits 460 falling tree's all day. It is actually quite a nice saw with the stihl light on it. Take the muffler modded 576 with tsumura RW over it anyday though.

i ran a 575xp the other day and liked it though my dealer said everybody hates the 575.

That's positively wrong, they are totally new designs. The 400 series are plastic cased clamshell homeowner saws though, and some of them did replace the 340, 345 and 350 - but they have added some larger and some smaller ones to the lineup as well. They do not have cat mufflers, but they are "strato" saws.

Thanks for the clarification.. To save kind of a long story that takes things off course I'll just say I never really looked into the 400 series and simply stated what the fellow behind the counter told me.

So it would seem something was definitely lost then with the 440, 445, and 450 taking the places of 340, 345, and 350 in the line up?

At least there's the 545....

i ran a 575xp the other day and liked it though my dealer said everybody hates the 575.

People who are hell bent on the 372 are the ones who hate the 570/575/576 saws. I'm still not even sure which one I like more and I run both. There are guys who hate the 372XT but truth be told here in long bar country the XT will walk all over the OE. The OE definitely is a nice zippy saw though. Just don't have the same torque as the XT.

People who are hell bent on the 372 are the ones who hate the 570/575/576 saws. I'm still not even sure which one I like more and I run both. There are guys who hate the 372XT but truth be told here in long bar country the XT will walk all over the OE. The OE definitely is a nice zippy saw though. Just don't have the same torque as the XT.

I like them both. I like a 576 with a longer bar or in really hard woods, but the 372W with a 28" bar & skip tooth chain feels perfect for 90% of my cutting. I agree on the OE vs X-Torq. I actually prefer the XT model.

Thanks for the clarification.. To save kind of a long story that takes things off course I'll just say I never really looked into the 400 series and simply stated what the fellow behind the counter told me.

So it would seem something was definitely lost then with the 440, 445, and 450 taking the places of 340, 345, and 350 in the line up?

At least there's the 545....

Imo, yes - the 350 likely was the best plastic cased homeowner saw ever made - but not everyone agree.

So after all your guys' help, i decided I needed a husqy. Today I can say I am a proud owner of a 575xp. It needs work but I will rebuild it and try it! Then it will be for sale ha.

Back