help finding model # on craftsman "42cc/18" special edition"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtracy1223

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I got this saw the other day. And trying to find out more about it. Looks like it haznt seen a lot of use. It is all black with gold stickers like I said its a 18" 42cc "special edition". I have looked all over it and can't find a model number anywhere. It has a sticker back by the throttle trigger that has the numbers for the chain and the bar and some random number at the bottom (530-055869) where else could I look for a number or does anyone know about his "special edition" junker. Before anyone says anything yes I know craftsman is junk. Its more of a project than anything.

That saw is a Poulan 2375, also known as the wild thing. Looks like this correct?

attachment.php

That saw is a Poulan 2375, also known as the wild thing. Looks like this correct?

attachment.php

My 36cc looks just like this, except for the gold sticker ........ same primer and cap locations.
Cast in flywheel key that got filed down to 1/2 its origional thickness.
Muffler mod
What other things can/should be done to up the output on these ??

My 36cc looks just like this, except for the gold sticker ........ same primer and cap locations.
Cast in flywheel key that got filed down to 1/2 its origional thickness.
Muffler mod
What other things can/should be done to up the output on these ??

Porting.

Anyone know what poulan 2375 wild thing translates to in craftsman modle number?

I got this saw the other day. And trying to find out more about it. Looks like it haznt seen a lot of use. It is all black with gold stickers like I said its a 18" 42cc "special edition". I have looked all over it and can't find a model number anywhere. It has a sticker back by the throttle trigger that has the numbers for the chain and the bar and some random number at the bottom (530-055869) where else could I look for a number or does anyone know about his "special edition" junker. Before anyone says anything yes I know craftsman is junk. Its more of a project than anything.
I have the same saw and I love it .starts every time has plenty of power. It's a great saw .

Latest posts

Back