Help finding proper trailer/ hauling set up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake Frost

Reaction score
Hello
I finally joined this form after using getting so many good solutions from here.

I have a small Tree service with a Ford f350 dump truck (40,000 miles) with gear boxes. I have a wood chuck 12" wood chipper and a Toro Dingo tx1000 with grapple.

I usually work with one employee who can tow the chipper or the dingo on a small trailer- but I just realized that my trailer is actually too small to carry the dingo (which is ~2750 pounds plus a ~300 pound grapple)

I don't have, nor do I want to get into CDL stuff- So I live in New England and I can only tow 10,000 pounds and total rig weight has to be under 26000 pounds

I need a pretty specific trailer that can hold the dingo- it should have tie down hooks inside it, I want it to be a dump trailer becauise if the chipper is ever out of commision then I can load brush in the dump truck and dump trailer- it also would allow me to haul a decent amount of material from sites, and I usually work local so leaving the dingo on site while I go dump then come back for it isent a huge deal. But it also has to be under 10000 pounds and have the slide out ramps- so I picture it would be one of the shorter black BEwise styler trailers but with ramps and tie downs.

Anyone know if they exist cant find them- or any other ideas?

Thanks!

Hello
I finally joined this form after using getting so many good solutions from here.

I have a small Tree service with a Ford f350 dump truck (40,000 miles) with gear boxes. I have a wood chuck 12" wood chipper and a Toro Dingo tx1000 with grapple.

I usually work with one employee who can tow the chipper or the dingo on a small trailer- but I just realized that my trailer is actually too small to carry the dingo (which is ~2750 pounds plus a ~300 pound grapple)

I don't have, nor do I want to get into CDL stuff- So I live in New England and I can only tow 10,000 pounds and total rig weight has to be under 26000 pounds

I need a pretty specific trailer that can hold the dingo- it should have tie down hooks inside it, I want it to be a dump trailer becauise if the chipper is ever out of commision then I can load brush in the dump truck and dump trailer- it also would allow me to haul a decent amount of material from sites, and I usually work local so leaving the dingo on site while I go dump then come back for it isent a huge deal. But it also has to be under 10000 pounds and have the slide out ramps- so I picture it would be one of the shorter black BEwise styler trailers but with ramps and tie downs.

Anyone know if they exist cant find them- or any other ideas?

Thanks!
What's the width of the dingo? OT

i need one with tie downs. And if it weighs 7000 and the dingo is 3000 it will likely be over weight
I think that is the max payload you are looking at, 7,3xx lbs. Trailer weighs 2300.

The biggest knock I have on dump trailers is their piss poor corrosion protection. It's almost as if they just skip on the paint prep and paint over oil, slag, etc. Maybe not such a deal where it doesn't snow but around here they tend to rust fast. Even the higher end units.

I think that is the max payload you are looking at, 7,3xx lbs. Trailer weighs 2300.

The biggest knock I have on dump trailers is their piss poor corrosion protection. It's almost as if they just skip on the paint prep and paint over oil, slag, etc. Maybe not such a deal where it doesn't snow but around here they tend to rust fast. Even the higher end units.
X2, got a cam superline "beast" 14k dump a coupple years ago. Paid too much, but it was available on the lot and used prices for junk trailers were nearly new price. Biggest gripe is the crappy paint/powder coat job on it. Already had rust start in several areas that needs attending to before it becomes epidemic.
To the op, most 10k lb dump trailers can haul around 6-7k lbs. There are lighter built ones that can haul more, but I'd hazard against buying a lightly built dumo trailer, they just don't hold up well with daily use. I really like the construction of our cam superline, however a normal model without all the extra bells and fancy stuff would have worked just fine for us. We can haul about 9k ln it.
https://camsuperline.com/dump-trailers/
Buddy has a big tex gooseneck dump that's been very good to him over the years.
https://www.bigtextrailers.com/trailers/dump-trailers/
cousin has an Appalachian 10k
https://www.appalachiantrailers.com/dump-trailers
He's pretty light use with it, and it's built a lot lighter then my cam superline or my buddies big tex, jury is still out on it, but it was another case of used stuff cost nearly what new does and they had it on the lot. Also, they are a semi local company to us, so may be too far from your area.

Latest posts

Back