Help for shipping a saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weatherby

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just need a little advice as to the best way to ship a saw. What type of materials do you use, and whats works best?

Take off the bar+chain and wrap them in newspaper. Drain the gas and bar oil from the saw, then run it dry. Wrap the powerhead in a plastic bag(s) and tape it closed. Also, you want to protect any fragile things that might be sticking out of the power. I would cut little blocks of wood to fit over them and tape it to the saw. This is before the bag goes on. Put the saw and bar in a box and pack with your choice of material. Peanuts, wadded up newspapers, lots of bubblepack, whatever you have on hand. Just make sure it will protect the saw.

John you pretty much covered it all. One more thing that helps is to put a couple of layers of cardboard in the bottom of the box. This helps to cushion the saw during shipment, anything helps. The guys at the UPS distribution center aren't to kind to boxes being sorted. They get pretty banged around.

one thing . if it has a case. i shipped one once that had been drained properly.
what i didt know was that in the hidden areas on the case bottum oil was standing. guy informed me it was a finesaw but i needed to learn something about shipping.and he proceded to teach me:D . this was the old compartment type case.

Latest posts

Back