Help needed for Pioneer P42 Oiler!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crackhead

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I need help with my oiler for a P42.

There does not seem to be enough if any oil coming out.

Is there an adjustment for this and if so, where is it?

Is there a maintanence trick or routine for these things?

What type of oil is recomended?

Thanks,

C.H.

The adjuster screw is behind and below the bar mounting studs. Wipe off any dirt there and you should see an arrow pointing to + and -. Then just turn it a little each way until it has the amount of oil coming out that you want.

If you want to check the oiler gears and pickup screen it removes with 3 flathead screws. The oiler is behind the clutch and the clutch will need removed to get to it.

Use bar and chain oil in it or 30 weight motor oil.

Before adjusting the oil flow , remove the bar & chain, then clean the grove in the bar. you might be suprised at how much hard packed sawdust you remove.
Pioneer were a great canadian Saw

P62

Thanks for the help. I removed the bar, and I cannot find a screw or the markings that have a + and - . There is the plate that has the 2 threaded posts that the bar is tightened down with. Just above the posts on the plate there is a hole that seems to have the oil coming out of it. Below the 2 posts but still on that natural metal plate, there is another hole, bigger than the one above, but there is no screw.

There is a screw on the very bottom of the saw below the round brake and just in front of the muffler. What is that?

I need to find this screw adjuster! I hope it is not broken off.

Thanks again,

C.H.

That hole you found is for the oil to the bar. The adjustment screw will be there can't break off. Look around by the clutch drum and bar mount. You'll find it it is in a reccesed channel in the you case you can't miss it. Look very closely for the + and - marks and the arrow.

Is it by the 2 posts? There is a screw by the drum, but it seems to be holding the plate under the drum. Is the screw very big?

Can you post a picture?

RB

Back