Homelite 26LCS carb adjustment questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian.b

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Does anyone on here know anything about adjusting these old tilitson float type carbs …I figured out which screw is which and the initial adjustments but on the starter instructions it says to back the screw off to lean it out …is this r correct…

Does anyone on here know anything about adjusting these old tilitson float type carbs …I figured out which screw is which and the initial adjustments but on the starter instructions it says to back the screw off to lean it out …is this r correct…
If its a Tillotson MD carb like I suspect, the screw up top is the idle mixture and the one on the lower front of the float bowl is the high speed mixture screw. The both work the same way turn out to richen and turn in to lean out.

This is what has thrown me that’s how I’ve been trying to tune it but on the starting instructions on the saw body unless I was trading it wrong said turning the main screw out leans the saw out that makes no sense to me could that be a mistake

Here is the starter instructions ….is it saying backing the idle mixture screw out leans the mix or is it talking about the idle screw ???

Attachments

• 434A2FDB-F3B1-4C0D-A2FD-4E35C2E15AB9.png
    434A2FDB-F3B1-4C0D-A2FD-4E35C2E15AB9.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
If its a Tillotson MD carb like I suspect, the screw up top is the idle mixture and the one on the lower front of the float bowl is the high speed mixture screw. The both work the same way turn out to richen and turn in to lean out.
On the bottom of the saw is the other cloth covered hose well it’s destroyed I thought it was good but I can see the spring thru one side …so now is this like an impulse tube but it pressures the tank or is it a tank vent ???

Back