How to start a tractor with a chainsaw? Mcculloch style! VIDEO!! (teddy.scout)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Teddy.Scout

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P8830mkvTpI?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P8830mkvTpI?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

dont know much about the super quiet muffler...thing is neat though..i might have to make me one

Thanks guys!!!!!

-She is older!!!

-The SUPER QUITE muffler is only a about 20-25% quieter. But it helps!

-Ya, after seeing that, I think it would be easy to make! Just cannibalize a concrete saw that already has a pulley!!!!!

-That is the wifes mower! Dual tranny to boot! Looks sick in the winter with duals and blade!

-It is just like the one on eBay! I belive a member here has one!!! He answered a couple questions I had about it. Was a little worried about the charging system. But turned out to be a pretty simple straight forward sytem, so any repairs or replacement will be straight forward.

-She puts out some good amps! But still alittle low! Probably should have the alternator gone through-rebuilt-replaced

I got lucky!
-Newer rebuilt carb.(that I had)
-Used coil, but think the old one may still work(wires were dry rotted, so I just swapped it out).
-Tweaked the starter spring,so I slammed in a new one
-Fuel line and filter
-2 new contact connectors
-And new(used belt)
All in all, it was pretty basic, just dug into my mac 10 series parts hard! OH WELL, think it was worth it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool unit - but watch those sparks around the battery - I've seen 'em explode from that.

:agree2: I always heard that but never gave it much care. Last fall the FIL hooked a battery charger up to his truck. He started to spark it to make sure it was working.... BOOM it blew up, taking out part or the grill and headlight also. He got lucky, just a little acid he washed off. I have a whole new respect for batteries now.

Thanks guys!!!!!

-Ya, after seeing that, I think it would be easy to make! Just cannibalize a concrete saw that already has a pulley!!!!!

-She puts out some good amps! But still alittle low! Probably should have the alternator gone through-rebuilt-replaced

was just thinking the same thing a 371K hooked up to an GM 10 or 12si.........its going on the drawing board....1:3 or 1:4 to have the clutch engaged and get the alternator producing power or just bump up the idle speed to 4000rpm so the clutch is engaged and size the pulley on the alternator so it putting out juice a bit under 1:2 ratio..................

I already use a GX160 and a 10SI to charge things up around the farm, but might be able to make a more compact unit using a saw powerhead...............guess i'll be playing in the shop this week

Last edited:
was just thinking the same thing a 371K hooked up to an GM 10 or 12si.........its going on the drawing board....1:3 or 1:4 to have the clutch engaged and get the alternator producing power or just bump up the idle speed to 4000rpm so the clutch is engaged and size the pulley on the alternator so it putting out juice a bit under 1:2 ratio..................

I already use a GX160 and a 10SI to charge things up around the farm, but might be able to make a more compact unit using a saw powerhead...............guess i'll be playing in the shop this week

Let us know how it works out!!!!!!!
Never thought about the gearing for the clutch!!!!!
I am sure there will be one or 2 more tech. things that will need addressed!

Teddy..Very nice!!! Gotta Love that PowerKing!! Got me a 1969, andI love it!! drop it in 1st gear and it'll push a 4ft drift like its nothing!!
Rich:cheers:

Teddy..Very nice!!! Gotta Love that PowerKing!! Got me a 1969, andI love it!! drop it in 1st gear and it'll push a 4ft drift like its nothing!!
Rich:cheers:

I like gear drive chainsaws!
So it is only natural to have a dual in line tranny for my tractor!(oversize lawn mower)!

POWER KINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Nice 10-10 charger there Teddy but I did not hear
the tractor start up.:monkey: :)

Nice 10-10 charger there Teddy but I did not hear
the tractor start up.:monkey: :)

YA! did not try to start the tractor in the video!
The tractors battery was dead, and with the run time of the video, she cranked over well, but needed to let the saw run for at least a good 5 minutes before she started!

First time I seen one of them...

Nice setup...Beats having to drag out a extension cord and the batt. charger out...Great portable unit!!

Latest posts

Back