Husky 395 High Volume Oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I was thinking. I figured I'd get some advice here as to the steps to check and what to check and if I can't get it order a new oiler. I may have just got a bad one.

I probably did enlarge the oil holes on the bar. I usually do that on any new bar I get. Older vars had bigger oil holes.

Couple months? I'd rather mess with it than return it. My main reason for buying it was to use it with a shorter bar on an Alaskan Mill. The 372 clone I bought will cut anything my 50cc Jonsered can't for me.

Not return the saw. They will send you another oil pump if it's bad.

I probably did enlarge the oil holes on the bar. I usually do that on any new bar I get. Older vars had bigger oil holes.
The holes on it are smaller than the holes on my 18in Total bar I have on my 2152. Very odd. Is there a thread on here about drilling them out? I have a drill and a drill press so that wont be a problem. Did you drill them at an angle or did you just go straight down widening the hole already there as in make the existing oblong hole longer?
Also, the saw is spitting oil but I've not dealt with one this big. How much should I expect? How to measure it? I compared it to my 2152. It looks like it drips slightly less oil. Should it be more the larger the saw?

A real 394/5 xp will have a 36" bar dripping in no time. They pump a lot of oil out when they are fully opened up. Can't tell you the amount, but it's a lot. One of the few saws I own i don't run the oiler fully open. Thinking about it, my 390xp isn't fully open either. Never once had an issue oiling a 40" bar on the Alaskan mill with it.

I'd like to say I open the oil holes on my bars to 4mm? I' suggest simply buying a husqy pump and oil pickup tube if you find yours is defective and not clogged.
I don't know if it's defective. It's pumping oil but as I said, I've never fooled with a 90cc and a 36 in with a 3/8 .063 chain. I'm not sure how much it is supposed to pump.

Oh, really? Huh, I'm checking it out this afternoon then if I can't find anything I'll contact them. Thanks

Yes. I had two issues with my saw. The throttle cable was a tad longer than it should have been preventing the throttle from going fully wide open and the decomp stem was bent a little and wouldn't open sometimes. I contacted them and sent pics of the decomp and a short video of the throttle. They told me to order the parts and send them the receipt and they would refund me. I ordered a oem decomp and a hyway cable from HL Supply. They refunded it the next day.

The holes on it are smaller than the holes on my 18in Total bar I have on my 2152. Very odd. Is there a thread on here about drilling them out? I have a drill and a drill press so that wont be a problem. Did you drill them at an angle or did you just go straight down widening the hole already there as in make the existing oblong hole longer?
Also, the saw is spitting oil but I've not dealt with one this big. How much should I expect? How to measure it? I compared it to my 2152. It looks like it drips slightly less oil. Should it be more the larger the saw?

Some I drilled out round same size as an old oregon bar. Some I tried to follow the factory angle with a dremel.

If you’re going to Mill with it, you'll need to replace the oil hose with oem. I got a used one from a guy on another forum.
I was thinking of ordering a factory oiler kit with the 28in bar I think I'll replace this with. Thanks. I haven't pulled it yet to check everything out as I got caught up cleaning the Jonsered.

Back