Husky part #

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weatherby

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can anyone tell me what models this bar fits.

The part number on the bar is 508912172.

Its 18", .325 pitch, and .058 gauge.

Thanks for any help.

Rob

what this bar fits...

Should fit most of Husky's smaller saws, anything up to a 257/357, possibly up to a 61/62 etc...that is anything using .325 chain...lot of 51's, 55's, etc use this size/type bar.

I am no expert but I am sure the 61 is the smallest of the larger mount Husky's thus the same bar will not fit the 61 and the smaller saws mentioned.

Bill

508 91 21 72 professional laminated Emab bar
Fits:36,40,45,49,340,345,350,351,346xp,51,55,261,also
33,38,42,44,50,57,133,140s,154,234,238,240,242xp,254xp,257,

Thanks guys. Heres my problem, I dont know alot of things about chainsaws, but I didnt think I was this stupid.

I have this bar for a 346xp but when I finally got the ???? chain on the saw (yes its 72 drive links) the chain wont turn properly. It appears that the chain doesnt fit into the sproket like it should. I think its actually slipping on the sprocket as I turn it, but its hard to see in those tight quarters. I wouldnt think the saw would have come with a 3/8" sprocket. I know its probably something simple, but I didnt have much time to mess with it last night. Any suggestions on what Im doing wrong?

Rob

BillG, the 61 takes the large mount, the 261 is the biggest saw that uses the small mount. That was one thing I was dissapointed about when I bought a 261. I wasn't very impressed with this unit. Didn't keep it long.

Hi Rob, I highly doubt that you have a 3/8 rim on your saw if it is factory stock. There is a 3/8 rim available that will fit this saw but they are set up as .325 from Husky. Assuming that you didn`t get this saw without a bar and chain new, what pitch was the last set up? The symptoms you are describing suggest that you have: a) dropped the drive tangs down beside the rim, not into it. I say this because you say that it appears to be slipping on the sprocket and this is very easily done, the rim floats side to side so it is a moving target with a relatively narrow opening. or b) you are on the rim but the rim is worn out. If the rim is too worn the chain will have alot of extra drag and it will click as you pull it around the bar by hand. As I recently posted in another thread, the pitch which is basically the length between drivers, changes as the rim wears because the diameter of the rim effectively gets smaller =ing smaller pitch, meanwhile the pitch of the chain is getting longer. It is a good idea to change the rim every two chains(which are rotated) or definitely as soon as wear is about the thickness of a business card deep, about .015. I`d check my "a" suggestion first. Let us know what you find. Thanks, Russ

Thanks Russ, never thought of the fact that they might not be in the sprocket, but im pretty sure they were. Will try again. And the saw is new, so the sprocket isnt worn at all. Thanks.

Rob

Finally got a chance to look at the saw a little closer today. The dealer sent the saw with a 3/8" sprocket and gave me a .325 bar. I will be emailing them as this was from one of the sponsers on this site, and im not happy. :angry: Got two extra chains with it, so I have to get the sprocket changed.

I guess this is one reason you shouldnt order stuff online, and you should give the business to your local dealer.

Rob

Latest posts

Back