Husky rancher 450 carb adjustment tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elittle

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 450 rancher with a 2023 serial number. I've bought like 3 different tools to try and adjust it but none fit. It's got splines but all the tools I get are too big to fit. I even bought a supposedly oem husky tool for the 450 and it won't work. Any idea what size this thing takes lol, it's really kind of funny at this point. I've tried 2 different hipa 21 spline and this other oem one, neither fit. The one in the photo is "oem" .241 inches OD and has a kind of square/ round spline design but didn't fit.

Attachments

• 17236148780761479064613695970802.jpg
    17236148780761479064613695970802.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
I just measured mine at .237 and it fits my 450 perfectly. Is your tool fitting into the recess around the screws? Is it hitting on the edge because of misalignment on the holes in the case? You can check by taking off the covers and look inside. If you have to grind it down a little .004 should be easy enough. Mike

The tool fits in the hole, and I can feel it just starting to contact the splines if i rotate the tool, but the inside of the tool is too small to go over it enough to be able to turn it. It's kept me pretty busy, it's like trying to solve a puzzle, friggin husqvarna lol

I'm going to figure it out, even if I have to make something from scratch to do it. I tried filing another tool I had but it took too much off to grab the splines.

Thanks for the response.

The tool fits in the hole, and I can feel it just starting to contact the splines if i rotate the tool, but the inside of the tool is too small to go over it enough to be able to turn it. It's kept me pretty busy, it's like trying to solve a puzzle, friggin husqvarna lol

I'm going to figure it out, even if I have to make something from scratch to do it. I tried filing another tool I had but it took too much off to grab the splines.

Thanks for the response.
Some folks have had luck wit the insulation sleeve from an electrical terminal lug. Just gotta find one that fits tight around the screw.

Got it! I used a dremel carbide bit and carved out the inside of the head of the tool until it fit. I got lucky I didn't grind off enough of the splines so it wouldn't grab. not sure how long this thing will last. Would be nice to find the correct size eventually.

Attachments

• 20240814_171910.jpg
    20240814_171910.jpg
    986.7 KB · Views: 0
Back