Husky, Stihl, Jred Chainsaw prices other then U.S.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's all due to buying power, 30 million cdns, 300 000 million americans, the gmc/chevy ext. cab and crew cab trucks are made here in my city, 90 % are sold in the US at $10 000 cheaper, go figure. our dealers don't make squat on sales, there money is in servicing

I believe most of that difference is in the muffler.....

I actually know a guy who always tries to get a saw for the American or South American market directly from Husky. According to him they put the best cylinders on the export saws because they will run in higher temp than here in cold Sweden. I don't know if anything of it is true. I find it hard to believe that the group the cylinders into different quality categories. They should all be the same when delivered from Mahle I think....

I had this discusion with the dealer when I got my saw. Our Stihls come from the US. According to the guys at the shop Stihl Canada is pocketing the difference. I saw their cost on saws and it is higher than what the customer can get one for in the US. They are expressing their displeasure for this to Stihl. Fat chance of getting a change.

Man, I feel for you guys Art, That right there just isn't right all the way around :angry2: .

Last edited:
I know a guy right now who is planning on buying a new snowmobile.A Ski-Doo.Entirely made in Canada by Bombardier.Right now the new 08 models are about $2500 cheaper in the states-a place they are exported to.Apparently Bombardier is trying to block the Canadian dealers from buying retail in the states as they can get them cheaper this way than directly from Bombardier.HuH?:confused:

I'll bite too...

MS 200t - $1200
MS 250 - $700
MS290 - $800ish
MS 260 - $1000ish
MS 361- $1421 this is exact!
MS 880 - $1800 (deeply discounted!)
372xp - $1300

All you'll get is the saw, you'd have to beg for any more other than a keychain!

Some of the costs are due to the 22.25% customs duty and added shipping costs, but I bought a 361 in the US for just under $600 plus a load of extras. It pays for me to wait till I'm in the States, pick up a saw and save the shipping just take it back on the plane! Even with the duty (you can never get around that one) it's WAYYY less.

Even spares are pricey - 2t oil $7 for the 2.5 gal bottle, $105 for a 20" bar, $33 for chains, and I've been waiting 3 weeks for two fuel hoses!!:angry2:

I actually know a guy who always tries to get a saw for the American or South American market directly from Husky. According to him they put the best cylinders on the export saws because they will run in higher temp than here in cold Sweden. I don't know if anything of it is true. I find it hard to believe that the group the cylinders into different quality categories. They should all be the same when delivered from Mahle I think....

You are right, he is wrong - simple as that, but the mufflers may be better for South America....

...and not all Huskys have Mahle cylinders.....:biggrinbounce2:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back