Husky Top Cover?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary N Carter

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Several months ago on ebay someone was selling a Husky 288 Lite with an extra tall top cover. It may have contained a k&n filter. It didn't appear to be a quick detach but screwed on like the stock one. Does anyone know if it was aftermarket or maybe off of another model?

Gary, it wasnt aftermarket...you could order the saw from the dist with a high top cover which yes, did have a K&n filter if specified...if I remember right...Husky also had their own high top filter....and once again..IF I remember right...the high top covers came out on the full wrap handle saws as stock...but all parts are still available...husky came out with the quick release top with the 394 first in about...umm....d@mn this is a guess...94 ish...??? The 288 never had it that I remember or have seen....I still stock the k& n filter....as I use one on one of my 930's....

Thanks Dennis, I appreciate the info. I am going to check with my dealer on those extra tall covers. Do you have access to them? I will email you direct if I run into problems. Again thanks!!!!

Back