Husqvarna 50/55 mod questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2broke2ride

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am working on a Husqvarna 50. I am putting a Hyway closed port 55 topend on it. I have already modded the cylinder to fit the smaller case. I am planning to port it and will likely do a base gasket delete. What are guys doing for the impulse passage when doing a base gasket delete on these? Grind a notch in the deck? The base gasket is cutaway to provide the passage in stock configuration.

I am working on a Husqvarna 50. I am putting a Hyway closed port 55 topend on it. I have already modded the cylinder to fit the smaller case. I am planning to port it and will likely do a base gasket delete. What are guys doing for the impulse passage when doing a base gasket delete on these? Grind a notch in the deck? The base gasket is cutaway to provide the passage in stock configuration.
Yep just put the gasket on the base and file or grind a notch where the cutaway in the gasket is, that’s all I did to mine and she runs wicked with no problems, I thought I had a pic but I couldn’t find it

Back