Husqvarna 61 kill switch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demontang

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok guys my dads 61 finally had a issue. The OEM kill switch broke. I ordered a new one but it grounds out the back of the switch and the 61 OEM grounded to the housing. How do you re ground the new design? Should I run a new wire to a bolt some where?

This is what the new one looks like. The OEM one instead of having the lower one to ground the whole clip that retains it was metal and grounded the switch

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 9
Ok guys my dads 61 finally had a issue. The OEM kill switch broke. I ordered a new one but it grounds out the back of the switch and the 61 OEM grounded to the housing. How do you re ground the new design? Should I run a new wire to a bolt some where?
I believe the answer is yes. Just be sure the new wire interferes with nothing else and check your spark (no spark with switch off, sparks with switch on). The 61 is a good old classic saw.

Hell Yes it was! Nice 61, Doc!
I do prefer the Wht/Org tops. (shrugs)
Really wish Husky had made a Blue top too- like their bar logo. wth...
Think I'll paint one of my tops Blue, just to see? Dunno, but I could be wrong!

Hey, that bottom tang takes a screw to hold it in place. The screw goes through the case and grounds the switch. If your saw does not have the hole for it, make one. How hard can this be?

They dont make a OEM switch the same anymore. The old one was self grounding the new design isn't.

OK.......either find a used one (not likely as they didn't stand up very good) or upgrade to newer.......personally I would do as rupedog said just bore a hole and bolt it down.....adding an extra wire that you still have to ground somewhere is just creating new chances of failure.....hard to second guess the company.....they pay a lot of people figure this stuff out.

The part has been used since 83, we would to see the saw.

older than that would need 501 58 42-01 superseded 503 71 82-01 but I would reverify

Latest posts

Back