Husqvarna 61 oiler issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k.chandler23

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a newly rebuilt orange top 61 that will not oil. I have new o-rings on the pump. Have cleared all orifices, cleaned tank screen, and even tried a second pump to check that off the list. Oil is getting to the pump through the hose but not to the output. The only thing I have not replaced is the tank hose. Could it possibly not be sealing to the pump? Thanks in advanced for any responses.

I have a newly rebuilt orange top 61 that will not oil. I have new o-rings on the pump. Have cleared all orifices, cleaned tank screen, and even tried a second pump to check that off the list. Oil is getting to the pump through the hose but not to the output. The only thing I have not replaced is the tank hose. Could it possibly not be sealing to the pump? Thanks in advanced for any responses.
Check the vent

Are you checking oil flow with the bar on? If so, take it off and check. If you have some oil with bubbles, it means you have an air leak on the suction side of the pump. If you have good flow with no bubbles, that tends to mean that the bar hole is not lining up with the oil port on the crankcase or is blocked.

Ensure your clutch is tight when running without a clutch cover otherwise your clutch could come undone and that's freakin' scary. Don't ask how I know.

Are you checking oil flow with the bar on? If so, take it off and check. If you have some oil with bubbles, it means you have an air leak on the suction side of the pump. If you have good flow with no bubbles, that tends to mean that the bar hole is not lining up with the oil port on the crankcase or is blocked.

Ensure your clutch is tight when running without a clutch cover otherwise your clutch could come undone and that's freakin' scary. Don't ask how I know.
I havent even set a bar on it. I'm not getting any oil from the output hole in the case. I'm going to assume both pumps I have are not working or that the tank hose is not sealing to the pump.

What setting are you using for the flow control (1, 2, 3, 4)? Are you sure the adjuster screw is in one of the four detent positions?

I'm assuming the spline gear on the pump shaft has its set screw installed?

What setting are you using for the flow control (1, 2, 3, 4)? Are you sure the adjuster screw is in one of the four detent positions?

I'm assuming the spline gear on the pump shaft has its set screw installed?
I've checked each setting. I can see the shaft turning with the rotation of the gear.

The spline gear rides on a pin for a portion of its rotation. This causes the whole shaft to oscillate in a left-to-right motion which is needed to pump oil. The adjuster screw determines how many degrees of the spline's rotation is in contact with the pin which in turn determines the amount of oil pumped per revolution. Does your spline gear contact the pin for some portion of the rotation?

Like Agrarian said,remove the pump,put some drops of oil in intake hole ( where the hose sit ) and turn by hand the gear 8-10 times at least and see if some oil comes out. First thing to do to eliminate problem. Be sure tiny screw on shaft is there.

Latest posts

Back