Husqvarna 61 with Walbor carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The HS-163 was the most common carb on those, but there was a Walbro that was used as well. I don't remember the model number, but it had the same 15.9mm venturi size as the HS-163.
The 61 didn't get a larger carb before 1991 or so, around (or maybe exactly?) the time they became "orange tops".

I dont think theyre very common, but Walbro shows a WJ-40 applicable to a 61. Was your saw made in Eastern Europe or Sweden? Look under the manufacturer HVA subsection saws, http://wem.walbro.com/walbro/produc...um=WJ-40-1&GroupName=Saw&FamilyName=HUSQVARNA

That wasn't the one that sometimes came on the early 61, that was the WS-17 http://wem.walbro.com/walbro/product2.asp?Series=WS&partnum=WS-17-1 (looked it up since .last post).

However, the WJ-40 is listed by Walbro as compatible.

I just went through one and returned it to the owner this weekend. I don't remember what model carb it was but it was a Walbro.

I had a hard time finding a rebuild kit for it locally. I finally bought one off eBay.

We do of course not know if that carb was the original one on that saw. ;)

Nothing really will surprice me regarding which carbs are on used saws.

I have a ws carb rebuilt but havent used it due to that saw having seal
issues also .the tilly will be the better carb as the ws came on the early
white top rancher that was rated a little less hp than the latter grey

Howdy,
He must have a really good supply because they haven't been available for at least 15 or 20 years.
Regards
Gregg

Long dead thread, I know, but i have a 61 rancher practica white top with a walbro ws 17 b carb. I've been having issues with it bogging down and sometimes even stalling but only once it warms up. For example, make the first cut on a tree and halfway through the second notch it starts bagging down if i hold it wide open. Almost seems to be at full throttle when i have the trigger halfway depressed, once again only once warmed up. I figured a carb rebuild never hurt anyone, but now im wondering if i should swap the carb for a bigger or newer one. Also could the issue be a coil? Any info would really be appreciated. Thanks.

Long dead thread, I know, but i have a 61 rancher practica white top with a walbro ws 17 b carb. I've been having issues with it bogging down and sometimes even stalling but only once it warms up. For example, make the first cut on a tree and halfway through the second notch it starts bagging down if i hold it wide open. Almost seems to be at full throttle when i have the trigger halfway depressed, once again only once warmed up. I figured a carb rebuild never hurt anyone, but now im wondering if i should swap the carb for a bigger or newer one. Also could the issue be a coil? Any info would really be appreciated. Thanks.
The coil is certainly a possibility.

Back