Husqvarna 61 with Walbor carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pulled muffler and carb before running it. Seems to be worn but no gouges or anything. I cant see the machine marks anymore though...and where is a good place to get a mighty vac?

The HS-163 was the most common carb on those, but there was a Walbro that was used as well. I don't remember the model number, but it had the same 15.9mm venturi size as the HS-163.
The 61 didn't get a larger carb before 1991 or so, around (or maybe exactly?) the time they became "orange tops".

As this thread is active again, I feel free to add more accurate info on that matter:

The larger (17.5 mm) carb came early 1991, at the same time as the one-piece coil, larger muffler and more. This also meant that the case was slightly different, as was the top cover. The top cover still was gray though = there are two different gray top covers for the 61 out there, that doesn't interchange.

The top cover didn't become orange before Sept 1993 or so.

Regarding TOMOS made 61's, the story may be different.

I have a few 61's with a Walbro ws17B on them seems common in my area and of course most of the rest of them in this area have tilson HS 163 A's I have only seen a couple with the HS 254s and the WJ-125-1. One come through my shop a few months ago the guy claimed he bought it brand new and it had never been worked on yet it had an HS - 160A carburetor on it and I believe they were only on the 272's

Back