Husqvarna chain question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goostoff

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I bought my son a cheap little Husqvarna 135 a few years ago so he wasnt burning up my good saws. Well he managed to burn up the bar beyond use. I cant seem to find a bar to fit it. I did manage to find an oregon bar that was said to be the one to fit it, but on the label of the bar it stated for a 136, but the chain was the one I have been buying for the saw so I figured it must be the one. Well long story short the mounting bolts didnt line up. I tried to drill them out a bit to make them fit. Everything seemed to be good until he tried to use it and said that the bar was getting very hot so he shut it down. I checked and the oiler is working good.

Anyway let me get to the point. I am looking at just buying him a new saw but I would like to use the chains that we already have for the 135. My confusion is they are 16" 56 DL and all the and all of the 16" husky saw seem to say they have 66DL chains. How is this even possible for the same size chain? I am sure I am just confused. The saw I am looking at getting him is a 435.

It is likely the oil hole on your new bar is arranged differently to the old one. If you post up some pic's of both & the details of the new bar (& whatever is stamped on the bars) we can likely identify what's going on for you

Just checked...
The A041 bar for the 136 oils through the tensioner holes.
The A095/K095 for your 135 has separate oil holes next to the tensioner holes. You need to drill those oil holes for the new bar to work on your 135

My confusion is they are 16" 56 DL and all the and all of the 16" husky saw seem to say they have 66DL chains. How is this even possible for the same size chain? I am sure I am just confused. The saw I am looking at getting him is a 435.
66 drive links is for a .325 pitch chain and called length 16" In Husqvarna
56 drive links is for 3/8lp chain and called length 16" Stihl likes 55 dl for their bars. 57 may be a better fit sometimes usually says on the bar if it is a sprocket type nose. Full sized 3/8 chain and 16 inch called length bars will actually be a longer loop. There may be different spur sprockets for the saw you have and there may be a way to use a splined drum and rim sprockets. Sometimes an oiler part needs to match the sprocket sometimes not.

Just checked...
The A041 bar for the 136 oils through the tensioner holes.
The A095/K095 for your 135 has separate oil holes next to the tensioner holes. You need to drill those oil holes for the new bar to work on your 135
Holy ****. Problem solved. Why didnt I notice this. Guess I will need to dig out the drill press and drill a couple holes. This just saved me about $400. Thanks a bunch and thanks to everyone that replied. My dignity is only slightly bruised.

Back