Husqvarna Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
357xp

My dad's 357XP just quit yesterday like he hit the kill switch. There is spark and the plug is wet after a few pulls but absolutely NO fire. I rebuilt the carb about 5 hours of runtime before this happened (small fiber in one port). It was running great until this latest episode.

Any ideas?

carb not cleaned thouroughly?

My dad's 357XP just quit yesterday like he hit the kill switch. There is spark and the plug is wet after a few pulls but absolutely NO fire. I rebuilt the carb about 5 hours of runtime before this happened (small fiber in one port). It was running great until this latest episode.

Any ideas?

or properly? tank vent clogged?

I assume so. I even pulled the welch plug. I would think 5 hours would have ironed out the bugs. Wouldn't a squirt in the plug hole at least make it fire if the carb was messed up?

where is the tank vent!

?????

the 1 and only husky i got was a great saw umti i found the bigger saws. so instead i decided to play with it
HPNX0676.jpg

HPNX0677.jpg

What the hell do you use that to cut??? Cucumbers? Punkins???

:confused:

little possum,

there is visible spark but I don't know how to quantify if it is "good spark".

Brian

Oh, alright. I just misunderstand your first post about no fire. You meant firing, I was thinking spark.

I dont know what "good" spark is either. But I usually hold the plug and pull the rope :dizzy: The worse the tingling, the better the spark.
Good luck, I like the 357s, heck I like all orange saws.

362XP 24" Bar

I just got a 24 inch solid sprocket nose Husky bar for my 362XP off fleebay. Now I need to know how many drive link chain I need! 3/8 pitch...

anyone...anyone...:chainsaw:

I just got a 24 inch solid sprocket nose Husky bar for my 362XP off fleebay. Now I need to know how many drive link chain I need! 3/8 pitch...

anyone...anyone...:chainsaw:

My guess would be 84dl - but not sure about the small mount bars (or is it one of the newer large mount ones, on the 372xp case?) .......:confused:

Anyway, the dl count should be stamped or etched into the bar, close to the powerhead on the right side, when the print on the bar is upright.

Last edited:
My guess would be 84dl - but not sure about the small mount bars (or is it one of the newer large mount ones, on the 372xp case?) .......:confused:

Anyway, the dl count should be stamped or etched into the bar, close to the powerhead on the right side, when the print on the bar is upright.

You called it. It's stamped right on the bar 84DL. I should be more patient...:chainsaw:

Large mount

I thought all the 262 and 266xp's were large mount Trollie??? I know the 345 weren't, but thought any 60cc and more were...

:popcorn:

I thought all the 262 and 266xp's were large mount Trollie??? I know the 345 weren't, but thought any 60cc and more were...

:popcorn:

266s were large mount - 262s were small mount, and on a smaller and lighter case.

Most 362s were small mount, except the last batch made specially for a shortlived "reintro" on the US market (likely on the slightly heavier 372 case, not the 371 case that they originally were on).

:cheers:

Last edited:
Back