Hydraulic driven chainsaw for skid steer or tractor loader

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jblnut

Overweight and underpaid.
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used a hydraulic chainsaw on a pole with a tractor or skid loader ? The brand “Limbsaw” pops up when I do some searching. I’m looking for something that will be easier, and safer, to trim around field edges than standing in a skid loader bucket with an actual chainsaw whilst someone else drives around from limb to limb.

YouTube video so you know the product I’m talking about …..

Interesting looking contraption. Only ever used tractor mounted boom mowers/munchers for bank/tree line trimming, anything too big got saw cut with the man basket and saw/pole saw. Interested to know your thoughts if you end up getting one.

Interesting looking contraption. Only ever used tractor mounted boom mowers/munchers for bank/tree line trimming, anything too big got saw cut with the man basket and saw/pole saw. Interested to know your thoughts if you end up getting one.
I have a buddy that fell from a skid loader man basket a few weeks ago and got beat up pretty good. In typical hurried fashion we all seem to be in he wasn’t harnessed in and fell to the ground. That got me searching for something a little safer.

I started looking for pole saws but I have miles and miles of field edges to maintain and that seemed to be about the same safety as a chainsaw and a lot slower. Then I found this thing for the skiddy. Seems neat 🤷‍♂️

Back