I caught a macaw in a tree!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pigs have probably killed more people than all other animals since time began.

1. They are a bit inclined to bite and eat people, especially the wild ones. At least the cows & horses don't eat you after they tromp you down.

2. They REALLY get even with us when we put them on the dinner plate. Ribs, bacon, ham hocks... Can anyone spell coronary artery disease with three letters ? ...pig

3. Then there are all the diseases they spread, not the least of which is trichinosis. Then there are all those roundworm and flatworm parasites.

Yep. Rope, you're right again. Pigs certainly belong on my list of animals to be feared.
I like pigs. My ex had two pot bellied pigs roaming the property. I used to drink beers with the cooler one "Rudy", thirsty little guy. All that said, in hindsight I wouldnt put it past them to eat me if I passed out on the lawn, hungry bastards for sure.

Happy landings buddy. Way to hang in there, sounds like a hairy climb, that walnut, that walnut. I got lucky , mine was in strong sycamore with a codom right next to the bird. Pegged the tip on the first shot, missed the bird completely cause that would have realy sucked, you schumck, if you hit the poor bird. Come on, who aims a shot bag at a parrot? Here is the @#$@! I bagged and she bit the living %&*^%#@ outta me!

I think if I had to do it again I would use the Daisy, its sawed off you know.

Sometimes it might be worth becoming friends with the bird first.

Like remove hardhats and all unneeded gear. Possibly finding out if the birds have a favorite snack and offering to share. Many times they may be too nervous to partake, but it can partially defuse the situation - lessen the biting.

Most of those birds can break bones in fingers, seeing that nut shells are no problem for them.

All of our birds have drawn some blood - even if just playing around. Sometimes they just get playful and excited and don't know their own strength. My small conure nipped me tonight, because he was angry that I didn't hold him after supper time - we had family over for a meal.

I lost my thumbnail to the macaw after it turned black - one of those excitement episodes. Our African grey will only let me pick her up if she flutters to floor level and wants back up on the stand. She's just my wife's bird. That's Molly, and she puntures skin on my hand about once every 3 to 4 weeks, when I reach too quickly offering a piece of cheese or corn chip.

They are so darn cute sometimes, it's hard to abandon them or get angry at them. All they know is how to be a bird.

Back