intoduction of new member

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bbbuick70Arbor

Reaction score
I am a new member. This site interested me since i am constantly hunting for information with regard to chain saws and other power equipment. While I am not a professional landscaper or tree service, I do care for a large wooded property for my elderly parents which requires me to become familiar with chain saws. I started with smaller low quality saws and have stepped up through a few different levels. Of course, I ended up tearing apart, repariing and rebuilding a few small saws along the way. I recently acquired a Stihl MS461 in mint condition and would like to look up the S/N: 188139258 (to verity manufacturing location and date). My understanding is that a group of thes saws were recalled, but my serial number may not fall within that group. Unfortunately, I do not know how to decode the S/N on my own. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Welcome to AS, I'm sure somebody will be able to decode that for you.
Still trying to look up S/N: 188139258 (Stihl MS461)?
Hopeing to get date and location of manufacture and any other dealer/registration info?

Is there a particular forum where I should post this question? Could it be i am not navigating the site correctly?

Still trying to look up S/N: 188139258 (Stihl MS461)?
Hopeing to get date and location of manufacture and any other dealer/registration info?

Is there a particular forum where I should post this question? Could it be i am not navigating the site correctly?
Chainsaw forum at least, you'll get more views
From what I see 100,000 were recalled

From serial No. 173092800 to 181993952

Man dates between July 2012 to December 2016

You can go to the Stihlusa.com site & click on recalls & it will all the units that Stihl has recalled

Doesn't look like your 461 is included

Latest posts

Back