It was a hell of a ride...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Lads, first of all thejollylogger, while I don't know you I'm glad your still here,

Homeowner here with a dangerous habit of collecting chainsaws lol

So my question if anyone can answer, can you not hit the trunk with the back of an axe prior to climbing to assess soundness of the wood? Or Hammer a big screwdriver into the trunk and depending on how easy/hard it's journey is, kinda make an assessment from that?

Or, does each tree sound the same as they are still standing an the weight of wood above where your standing give you a false positive?

I've never climbed and I don't plan to but never say never either,

Hi Lads, first of all thejollylogger, while I don't know you I'm glad your still here,

Homeowner here with a dangerous habit of collecting chainsaws lol

So my question if anyone can answer, can you not hit the trunk with the back of an axe prior to climbing to assess soundness of the wood? Or Hammer a big screwdriver into the trunk and depending on how easy/hard it's journey is, kinda make an assessment from that?

Or, does each tree sound the same as they are still standing an the weight of wood above where your standing giv e you a false positive?

I've never climbed and I don't plan to but never say never either,
I sounded it, and it seemed fine, but it was also 3 months into a long contract of 12+ hour days... would could shoulda... I've relived that day a thousand times...

As a contract or production climber you are doing multiple trees a day, usually, with a ground crew waiting on you... the pressure to " just get up in the tree" can definitely wear on you and maybe make shortcuts

Latest posts

Back