Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeah thats worth a $26:50 investment risk.
Thats the asking price isnt it- $26:50- I mean that number that appears on the listing- thats just a typo..... right?

It's definitely a lot of money, but the one piece top would indicate that it's a 110 or 111, both of which are much less common than the 111S.

It's definitely a lot of money, but the one piece top would indicate that it's a 110 or 111, both of which are much less common than the 111S.
I think some early production 111S' still had one piece tops....I could be wrong. And there are some fundamental case differences when you line up a 110 and a 111 side by side.

Kevin

Good for parts if the prices don't rise much. I mean like a good crank outa either would be worth the current price if ya needed one..

Kevin
The beat up one with the patched tank is right here in Maine, less than 90 miles from here......not many Jonsereds saws that size around here.
I have no interest as I have a stellar example and am more likely to thin the herd rather than add to it at this point.
I do still like to watch though!!!

Hi fellas,been a while since I posted here.I pulled out my SP49 today just for the helluvit.I duimped out the old fuel,put in fresh fuel & pulled it a few times & it fired right up! Been almost 5 yrs.since it ran last.I had to put crank seals in it when I got it,it was the 1st saw I put seals into.
The oiler seems to be a bit on the lean side.I know there's a screw in the front of the saw,which way do I turn the screw to increase the oil output?

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 0
Hi fellas,been a while since I posted here.I pulled out my SP49 today just for the helluvit.I duimped out the old fuel,put in fresh fuel & pulled it a few times & it fired right up! Been almost 5 yrs.since it ran last.I had to put crank seals in it when I got it,it was the 1st saw I put seals into.
The oiler seems to be a bit on the lean side.I know there's a screw in the front of the saw,which way do I turn the screw to increase the oil output?
Looking straight at the screw counter-clockwise.

Kevin

No not on the front on the 49/52 series.......the adjustment is up through the bottom just aft of the crank centerline.

OK,I'm nopt a Navy guy,so what the hell is "aft"?What's the screw for that's in the front of the saw?
Aft, stern, behind, rear....opposite position from front, forward, bow etc. OR look on the bottom of the saw for the round aluminum plug with a hexagonal hole in it......slip a screwdriver through the hex hole and engage with slot and adjust. Do not losen or remove the plug with the hex, that is just the retainer for the adjuster.
There are two screws in the front, one holds the retainer for the oil pump in the case and has nothing to do with oiler adjustment. The other holds the retainer to the pump body.

It's much like the Husky design; you have that large O-ring to replace and the inner seal in the oiler housing needs to be coaxed onto the shaft with like a tall socket so it doesn't fold outward. Some mix oil on the inner part of the seal. Ensure there are NO burs on the shaft when you coax that inner seal/housing on.

Take note when you punch out the old inner seal of its position and replace it with a new seal in the same position. Lube the large O-ring with mix oil as well.

I would clean the exposed bearing with saw mix....just like you run the saw with and a good parts brush until you think it's clean. If the P&C was off, I'd also 'wash' the inside case with your saw mix until it was 'clean' as well.

Kevin
So I ordered all three oil pump O-rings. What I received that I thought was a replacement for large O-ring that came off the pump (p/n 740422400 in the IPL) was this (old o-ring on the left, received replacements on the right). 1000009084.jpg
The replacement rings are too small to fit the pump housing groove where the old ring came off, even if stretched, or am I missing something here?

The eBay seller indicated to me that he's sold a number of these (he lists them as replacements for the 820/830/920/930) without issue.

Latest posts

Back