Jonsered saws ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jonsered---The Gentleman's Saw:D

If I could change my name on here I would be JonseredMan. Though I would probably have to fight Dennis for it

Jonsered---The Gentleman's Saw?????

I'm not sure about Jonsered being a Gentleman's saw
All I did all day was cuss my Greffardized Jonsered 2165 ........ ???? thing cuts so fast all you do is spend the day picking it up

Dealers do seem to be scarce, and there are several bootleg dealers that carry little if any stock. What part of the market they can achieve will depend on the reputation of the dealer, the quality of the product, and whether that dealer has stock on hand.

I have promised myself to keep at least six models on hand. I also keep at least that many Efco's.

Here is British Columbia, Jonsered dealers are plentiful...just about one in every town...two in some of the bigger centres...and we personally have been dealers for Jonsered for over 20 years..

Huskyman...:) I like that name..."JonseredMan"...

Woodsjunkie...I like that bar way better..lol...

Jonsered seems to be enjoying a little bit of a resurgence in my area. Apparently quite a few dealers have noticed that Husky and JOnsered saws have come from the same assembly lines and are identical twins, so there is no physical advantage, but also that the Husqvarna company is getting kinda greedy about what has to be stocked.

Some of these small engine guys are happy to keep on selling other lines in lawn and garden, and want a complimentary chain saw brand or two to fill out the showroom. Husky is beating them up on discounts, parts markup, shipping costs, etc. if they don't agree to place large orders and sign up as a full line dealer. Add to that, Husky is showing up in some mass merchant stores...supposedly a farm store chain in the prairie states has gone belly up and offered Husky the opportunity to buy back several million $$ worth of merchandise; Husky did it to keep 'em away from a liquidator, but word got out anyway that the dealer's would be competing with impossible prices. A sizeable number are starting to listen to the Tilton reps.

On the other hand, I've heard that Tilton has a bad rep in New England...supposedly there are "special deals" for some customers, like large tree service companies, pulp and timber companies, etc. but that the dealer is expected to roll over for these guys when parts and service are required. Don't know if it's true.

We carry most Jonsered saws, no trimmers, blowers, or lame garden equipment. Efco and shidiawa fill out the trimmer and blower lines. We are most likely dropping Husky all together this year. Jonsered has been a pretty good saw for us lately.
Josh

Latest posts

Back