knot-free rigging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love listening to armchair experts who know all about systems without ever having used them..... Treeco.

The knot vs krab thing has been kicked around for years. Knots only is cheaper to use and less weight to carry. Krabs are faster and more flexible. It will depend on the job you are doing as to which will work best for you. The key is to try them all and pick the right tool for the job.

The knot vs krab thing has been kicked around for years. Knots only is cheaper to use and less weight to carry. Krabs are faster and more flexible. It will depend on the job you are doing as to which will work best for you. The key is to try them all and pick the right tool for the job.

Well said. :clap:

If I'm catching your drift right in your opening statement maybe you don't know that I've been using biners and slings for over 20 years in all kinds of rigging scenarios. Before slings I used five foot pieces of 1/2 inch nylon rope anchor hitched to a biner with a running bowline to catch the load. This stuff has been around for so long it's almost old school.

Yeah. I reread the whole thread and realised my late night brain thought you said you didnt use em. My bad.

I did wonder why you go the opposite way to what I consider "normal". I use 1 krab on the termination and a number of loopies rather than 1 knot as a termination and a number of krabs and lines. Lighter and less messy IMO.

Anyway. My apologies for the broadside, I was out of line.

Latest posts

Back