Larger dogs 550xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magnum783

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Bought my wife a 550xp which she loves but feels like she got shorted in the dog department. She likes the leverage she gets with my bigger saws running the larger dogs. What larger dogs will fit on this model? Thanks for your help guys.

You are correct in her defense the dogs that came on the saw do not even hold in cottonwood or pine. This is kinda or a safety situation for her

The stock dawg is pretty poor with not much in the way of good factory options. l went the custom route but l think if you just want a bigger single dawg you may be able to fit the slightly larger 555/562xp dawg. l 'think' the fastening holes line up. l didn't want much bigger dawgs, but two of them with a chain catcher and a better profile.

2013-06-14_17-30-21_339_zps317bee46.jpg

Big dogs have no business on a small saw...just my two cents.
And you have no business telling anyone they can’t put whatever dogs on whatever saw they like.

Didn’t your mother teach you, if you have nothing constructive to add keep your mouth shut?

Latest posts

Back