Logger style climbing boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howsitgoineh

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now I know this has been touched on a bit in other threads, but have not yet found the answers I am looking for.

Long story short, I need new boots that are suitable for climbing. I currently wear the Georgia boot Loggers and I've been happy with them overall, but they had quickly torn in a seam above the heel. I don't want to get the same ones as I have read a few reviews stating the same issue.
I am after a similar style - Loggers heel, tall posts (8"+) and a steel shank support.

I have seen some redwings that are pretty nice, and also heavily considering a pair of vibergs.

Any suggestions, and experience would be much appreciated before I make my final decision - thanks all!

I had a pair of redwings, I was happy with them. They were very comfortable to me, overtime just tore the hell out of them.View attachment 1185772View attachment 1185773
That's them now, never tore just cut them with chainsaws and gaffs.
Awesome man, thanks! They look just like the pair I am considering - do they run about a half size or full size up? I think it was with RWs people were saying I should order down a size or a half
They look awesome

Awesome man, thanks! They look just like the pair I am considering - do they run about a half size or full size up? I think it was with RWs people were saying I should order down a size or a half
They look awesome
Hmmm... I typically wear a 12-13 depending on boot style, those were 13's but could have made do with a 12.5. So basically, yeah a half size would have been fine.
I have the same problem ordering boots, if most people say go down a size or half, prolly should do that.

I wear whites 18” lineman boots if I’m standing in hooks all day. Other than that I would check out tree stuff for arborist foot wear. It all depends on type of climbing your doing. I prefer hookless climbing.
I hear nothing but good things about whites, so I think they'd be a nice choice too.
I do a lot of work on the ground too but I'm in my Loggers all day. About 50/50 in spurs and without em - spurs only for removals, we only prune or dead limb without spurs

I have seen a few different pairs of 16" lineman boots and they look pretty sweet, though I think suitable for climbing only and not the best for work on the ground

I hear nothing but good things about whites, so I think they'd be a nice choice too.
I do a lot of work on the ground too but I'm in my Loggers all day. About 50/50 in spurs and without em - spurs only for removals, we only prune or dead limb without spurs

I have seen a few different pairs of 16" lineman boots and they look pretty sweet, though I think suitable for climbing only and not the best for work on the ground

Whites are hand made and expensive. Not all that comfortable on the ground. I bring them to work for spur climbing only. I’ve had wescos as well. If you buy wescos never have them rebuilt at the factory. Wesco rebuild is nothing more than a resole and polish, no repairs. Find a good cobler if you are going to buy any expensive leather.

Whites used to be really good. Their quality has gone way downhill the last several years post-buyout by Chinese conglomerate. Prices have gone way up. Either they have new folks making the boots, or they're being pushed to produce, because the attention to detail and overall quality is declined. The stitching started to let loose on my last rebuild after 20-30 hours after breaking in (so 60 hours or so, total, only 2-3 full 8-10hr days after break in)

They also damaged my boots during or just after the rebuild, dropping a metal bar on them (how???) and denting the back-ankle area. I was offered ~$150 off the rebuild price accepting them as was, or would have been given the same off a new pair.

I will probably be going Nick's my next buy.

Whites used to be really good. Their quality has gone way downhill the last several years post-buyout by Chinese conglomerate. Prices have gone way up. Either they have new folks making the boots, or they're being pushed to produce, because the attention to detail and overall quality is declined. The stitching started to let loose on my last rebuild after 20-30 hours after breaking in (so 60 hours or so, total, only 2-3 full 8-10hr days after break in)

They also damaged my boots during or just after the rebuild, dropping a metal bar on them (how???) and denting the back-ankle area. I was offered ~$150 off the rebuild price accepting them as was, or would have been given the same off a new pair.

I will probably be going Nick's my next buy.
Really appreciate the input here. Everyone I know who has a pair of Nick's boots has great things to say. A custom build may be a bit out of my range, though I do see discounts on their site. Gonna give em another look as well

Back