Lucky horseshoe -

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One I can't figure out. I dropped a dead ash, probably only 8" in diameter. When I bucked it, I discovered that I cut clean through a .22 bullet that was parallel to the tree's grain, almost in the center, vertical. Cut it cleanly in half, a perfect circle. How that bullet came to be in there, I'll never know.

I haven't had any of the previous poster's misfortunes, luckily yet.

One I can't figure out. I dropped a dead ash, probably only 8" in diameter. When I bucked it, I discovered that I cut clean through a .22 bullet that was parallel to the tree's grain, almost in the center, vertical. Cut it cleanly in half, a perfect circle. How that bullet came to be in there, I'll never know.

I haven't had any of the previous poster's misfortunes, luckily yet.
Prolly a squirrel hunter. I've cut through some bullets while milling, they generally don't dull your chain like steel.20240603_211254.jpg20240603_211224.jpg

I took on a large Walnut removal and when I got down to the lower trunk it had concrete inside from the bottom up about 15 feet, I had to pay an excavator company to take the whole trunk away because the saws would not work. It cost me so much, I barely broke even ! This was years ago when I first started out, now I would have insisted they pay for the extra hauling. don't get ripped off!

I took on a large Walnut removal and when I got down to the lower trunk it had concrete inside from the bottom up about 15 feet, I had to pay an excavator company to take the whole trunk away because the saws would not work. It cost me so much, I barely broke even ! This was years ago when I first started out, now I would have insisted they pay for the extra hauling. don't get ripped off!
and contract wording to exclude same if they refuse the extra expense always a great idea.

I cut down a smallish ash tree a few years ago and my neighbor (the land owner) took it for firewood. I told him to pay close attention, as a bow hunter had left some screw in foot pegs in the tree. i should have cut them all out - he cut right into one and ruined a chain.

Back