Replacement chain for CS-7310P?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMax82

Reaction score
Hey All, I am looking for additional chains for my Echo saw, both full chisel and semi-chisel, and skip tooth. It has a 28" bar, model 28h8ps3892, with .058 gauge and 92 drive links. The problem is that other than the standard Echo chain (73LPX92CQ) I can't find any options. I see that Echo offers a 28 inch bar in .050, would that be a better option? Also are there better aftermarket options like Oregon? I just want to be able to have more choices on chains.

I'm also wondering if my 20" CS-590 bar will work with the CS-7310P? On Monday I will see if it goes on, but would appreciate some guidance as to if it is safe and proper fit. On the Echo website they list that bar as only being compatible with the Timberwolf.

Thanks so much for any help! David.

Hey All, I am looking for additional chains for my Echo saw, both full chisel and semi-chisel, and skip tooth. It has a 28" bar, model 28h8ps3892, with .058 gauge and 92 drive links. The problem is that other than the standard Echo chain (73LPX92CQ) I can't find any options. I see that Echo offers a 28 inch bar in .050, would that be a better option? Also are there better aftermarket options like Oregon? I just want to be able to have more choices on chains.

I'm also wondering if my 20" CS-590 bar will work with the CS-7310P? On Monday I will see if it goes on, but would appreciate some guidance as to if it is safe and proper fit. On the Echo website they list that bar as only being compatible with the Timberwolf.

Thanks so much for any help! David.
Your bar is the standard Husqvarna d009 large mount you can buy any chain you'd like or bar length.

Pick some key words and put into search. like 3/8 chainsaw chain 0.058 92dl

https://loggerchain.net/ these guys are a mail order Oregon place The models with 73 will be the options to choose from.
lpx chisel bumper drive links
lgx chisel
bpx semi chisel bumper drive links
v folded over depth gauges
ex new version of L above
J skip sequence generally at the end of the code.
D new version of B

You could call Stihl places and ask if they can get you 0.058-gauge 3/8 or have a spool to make a loop.

for normal use just get chain to fit that bar. If you want some more choices like semi skip square ground which seems silly for someone asking the questions in post 1 then there will be likely more choices in 0.050 gauge.

The owners manual would be a better source than the website for info in general.

If you got the saw new in a box the chain probably came in a plastic bag with Oregon on it somewhere.

.058 chain was used by husqvarna for a long time, I dont think stihl used that gauge much or at all.
If you look on amazon or ebay or go to a husky dealer you will find a 92 drive link .058 3/8 chain easily.
The bar from the 590 will also fit on it.

Latest posts

Back