Making 066 pistons fit a 460 BB. Need a mill or someone to mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadihman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I want to make a few 066/660 pistons fit a BB kit. I made one before and the pop up was easily made on my lathe and the skirts were easily trimmed. I don't have a mill so the boss area was widened with a carbide cutter in my die grinder.

My plan is to try a few different pop ups and domes to test on the dyno. I need a mill or someone with a mill to cut the piston boss wider as I don't feel comfortable doing it with a die grinder. Does anybody want the job of cutting the boss area for me? I would trade the work for stihl parts or chain.

How big is your lathe? Depending on the swing, you could possibly find a milling attachment for it.

I'd volunteer, but I have very little free time as it is.

If the giant knee mill at the museum wasnt torn down for a rebuild, I would do it.
Sorry, cant help you for the forseable future.... LOL

I want to make a few 066/660 pistons fit a BB kit. I made one before and the pop up was easily made on my lathe and the skirts were easily trimmed. I don't have a mill so the boss area was widened with a carbide cutter in my die grinder.

My plan is to try a few different pop ups and domes to test on the dyno. I need a mill or someone with a mill to cut the piston boss wider as I don't feel comfortable doing it with a die grinder. Does anybody want the job of cutting the boss area for me? I would trade the work for stihl parts or chain.

If you want to make the trip down we could use dads mill.

Back