Makita DPC 7311?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountryBoy19

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Are the Dolkita cut-off saws as good of quality as their chainsaws?

My dad is looking at a very lightly used Makita DPC7311 cutoff saw and just wanted to know if there was any reason not to buy it.

I have a 6401, and I know Dolkita has a pretty good chainsaw rep on here, but you don't see much about their cutoff saws.

Does anybody know if the Bailey's BB kit will fit on this? :D

a word of warning, even lightly used C/O saws can have significant damage. Filter maintenance is extremely critical, and a short lapse in attention can result in damaged bearings.

Ive had a couple of these and I have to say they are absolutely great. Very very powerful. Good filteration system and just generally good saw. In my opinion much better than the holy grail Stihl ts400's and ts410's.
Simon

Ive had one for 4 years and haven't had any trouble out of it. I also have a couple ts400's and a ts420, and the makita has more power than the others. The makita weighs a little more, but its not too bad. I wouldn't hesitate a minute to buy another one if I needed it.

I agree 100% with nmurph too. Gotta keep an eye on the filters. I dont know about the dolkita's, but the stihl cut off saws can get real expensive to work on.

Thanks a lot for the responses guys, I'm going to take a look at it tomorrow evening.

He said his absolute bottom dollar is $500.

He said it looks like it just came out of the box, and it's been used very, very little. Comes with a diamond blade and 2 abrasive steel blades.

If the diamond blade is in decent shape dad may try to sell it because he has 2 already from his old saw (old McCullough that just plain wore out).

I think I gave 8 or 850 for mine 4 years ago. Im sure they have went up some since then though. Id say its worth it if its in good shape.

I think I gave 8 or 850 for mine 4 years ago. Im sure they have went up some since then though. Id say its worth it if its in good shape.

Well, I stopped and looked at it Friday on my way to my parents house.

It looked VERY good. A couple minor scuffs on the outside but still really good looking.

Compression was good, you could barely pull it over without hitting the compression release first.

I took the filter out and it all looked spotless inside.

You can tell that the saw has been used very,very little.

He said he got it new 3 years ago and only used it 6 times.

I couldn't get him any lower than $500, but for the condition of the saw I still think it was pretty good so I bought it for dad. :eek:uttahere2:

He was pretty happy when I got home with it. He said it looked a whole lot better than he imagined and he was happy with it.

Gonna post pics? :blob2:

Awe dang it... I knew I forgot something... I didn't take any pics... and my parents live 3 hours away so no pics until I go visit next time.

I'll describe it for you. :msp_biggrin:
210127_1.jpg

And add just a slight bit of concrete dust, almost to the point that it isn't noticeable. Add a medium sized black scuff on the gray plastic just to the right of "Makita", and another black scuff on the gray plastic on the front end of the "arm", and you've got it. :msp_lol:

Sorry about the pics... I did the best I could with what I had. :msp_lol:

I have two and bought used. Just gave one to my dad to sell @ his yard sales he usually has on weekends. They're very well built and have plenty power. Just keep the filters clean/new, fresh fuel properly mixed and properly tuned, it will last you many good years. Good luck with it.

Latest posts

Back