McCulloch Power Mac 6 fuel line

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaspowered

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey, I just bought a Power Mac 6 off of ebay a month ago, it's in decent shape, rebuilt the carb, cleaned the points, new plug, all the basics. I noticed that the fuel line (the style that is a small barb sticking out the tank that inserts directly into the inlet on the carb) was a little stiff and probably shrunken. I decided to take a risk and put it back together and to see if it would start. It did, but it ran a little lean and of course, it leaked. Looked on eBay everywhere and I can't find one. Is it possible that someone makes reproductions of these? Is there some kind of modification I can try? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

I am trying to remember the part that you are referring to. Attached is the chainsawr image of the carb: https://store.chainsawr.com/product...w-mdc-carburetor?_pos=40&_sid=bd1a04ab9&_ss=r

I dont recall it being anything but regular tube. Will check mine in a bit.
Yeah, mine has the MDC Walbro carb. Never dealt with one before. The fuel line (or barb) maybe only comes out of the tank about 1/2 of an inch. The Mini Mac 6 used a regular piece of fuel line with a plastic grommet, that caused a bit of confusion for me too.

Nah, it's been at least a year since mine has last been apart. I just do not clearly remember.

A few wraps of Teflon tape around that nipple can sometimes delay the inevitable. Search out member @heimannm. He may have a couple NOS filter/fuel line combinations still available. They're getting scarce.
Maybe I can try that. It's only shrunken a tiny bit but it's still enough to leak consistently. I'll look for that member, I recently bought an old David Bradley roto stick from a guy that had boxes of NOS McCulloch parts, his name is Paul, i'll let him know too. I'm not too keen on buying NOS rubber parts, especially if it has something to do with fuel, but i've bought some 45+ year old outboard impellers with good luck. Pretty much any McCulloch is getting hard to get parts for, I just had to tune up a Mac 3816 for a friend, and it needed an oil tank, and 4 weeks of waiting and 50 bucks later I got one. Thanks for the help.

Those fuel lines are getting real hard to find...and expensive. Part number 67581.

I've read of a couple of homemade fixes, I believe on this forum. One used a couple of Stihl grommets, standard fuel line and fuel filter. The other used a small tube and inserted it in the barb end of the fuel line. It was oversized just enough to enlarge the barb to seal correctly.

My Power Mac 6 backfired as I was tuning the carb and it caused the recoil pulley to grenade. It is the older slotted type pulley that is getting scarce. Take care adjusting your carb.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

Back